Manager, Patient Care (Registered Nurse) - Hospice/Addeo
Company: Northwell Health
Location: Staten Island
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Under the leadership of the Patient Care Director, the Manager
Patient Care (PC) has 24/7 fiscal, clinical and operational
accountability. The Nurse Manager is responsible for a direct care
unit or units within Northwell Health.
- Utilizing the nursing process, the manager is responsible for
creating a safe, healthy work environment that supports delivery of
high-quality patient and family centered care in a healing milieu.
The manager fosters a culture where highly engaged
interdisciplinary team members are able to contribute to optimal
patient outcomes and to grow professionally
Communication and Relationship Management
- The Manager PC executes the strategic plan through effective
communication with all team members.
- As an organizationally aware leader the manager is able to
build relationships centered on trust respect and inclusion among
colleagues, customers, patients and their families.
- Upholds Culture of C.A.R.E., Northwell Health's promise to our
patients and families, to create a culture of connectedness,
awareness, respect and empathy.
- The Manager PC recruits, manages performance, inspires and
motivates team members by modeling leadership behaviors that embody
Northwells' mission, vision and values, ensuring that patient care
delivery plan align with top level outcomes.
- The Manager PC collaborates with team members across the
organization to improve quality, patient-centered care through the
use of best practices, and is a champion for a just culture, where
staff feel safe to utilize the tools in TeamSTEPPS.
- Understanding the importance of a healthy work environment, the
manager patient care makes employee engagement for the unit a
priority, developing goals and action plans that support team
pride, inclusion and empowerment.
- The Manager PC is a professional role model for the team
members promoting standards of professional practice and behavior,
while inspiring the clinical staff in the pursuit of continuing
Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment
- The manager PC maintains up to date knowledge about population
health, professionalism and legislation involving healthcare in
order to effectuate change and transform care.
- The manager PC will implement strategies to meet the needs of
the unit that are based on scope and standards of practice and
align with the organizations care delivery model.
- The Manager PC will foster a culture whereby the front-line
staff are participants in changes that impact practice.
Business Skills and Knowledge
- The Manager PC demonstrates advanced knowledge and competencies
of the business needs for day-to-day operations in the areas of
oversight; managing the units' salary and other than salary
expenses within the predetermined budget and implementing action
plans when variances present.
- The Manager PC is expected to mentor and educate the care team
related to budget, service excellence, Human Resource management,
Information Technology, Risk and Quality Management.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelors of Science Degree
- Masters preferred
- Bachelors or Master's degree must be in nursing
2. Licensure & Certification:
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse
- At least 5 years nursing experience with Evidence of leadership
mastery at the Assistant Manager level or equivalent such as charge
RN, team lead, council chair, project manager, or above.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Manager, Patient Care (Registered Nurse) - Hospice/Addeo, Healthcare , Staten Island, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!