Nurse Practitioner - Outpatient Cardiology, Great Neck
Company: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent
Location: Great Neck
Posted on: January 27, 2023
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated
medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and
therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of
medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource
with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering
a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. At NYU
Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental
values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented
faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We
embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and
knowledge. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact
with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
and Instagram.Position Summary:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse
Practitioner - Outpatient Cardiology, Great Neck.
In this role, the successful candidate The Nurse Practitioner uses
clinical expertise to plan the delivery of safe, therapeutic,
population-specific patient care through assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation. With the patient and family central
to the care, incorporates the unique characteristics and needs of
each patient and family member into the plan of care. Works
collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team to promote
wellness and optimize patient outcomes.Job
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and
to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols,
pathways, and other means.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including
the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic
plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with
- Participates in the development and revision of the
interdisciplinary and nursing standards, patient and family
education materials as relevant to area of practice and
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain
timely and appropriate communication with family members, house
staff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Works collaboratively with nurse leadership to ensure timely
communications with the nursing staff.
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of
services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MD's
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Services Standards
and incorporates them into the performance of
- Participates in designated activities related to professional
nursing standards and regulations of relevant outside
- Functions as a respectful member of the healthcare team.
- Performs complete health history, physical examination and
psychosocial assessment of patients within the designated practice
or clinical unit.
- Orders customary laboratory, radiological and diagnostic
studies per practice protocols, differentiates between
normal/abnormal findings and follows protocols for abnormal
findings, which may include referral to consulting physicians per
customary pattern of the attending MD or with collaborating
- Formulates the plan of care, along with the attending
physician, patient and family, based on expected goals of care and
length of stay.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician, consulting
physician(s), and other disciplines to identify, develop, and
implement an appropriate plan of care that maximizes individual
patient/ family preference and enhances quality, access, and
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to
New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and
occupational therapy, and home health services per practice
- Practices as member of the allied health staff according to the
rules and regulations of the medical staff and bylaws as outlined
in the delineation of privileges.
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and
modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and
cultural groups in all patient care.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical
and managerial role.
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of
peers and other health professionals.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient
outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality
and performance improvement.
- Uses evidence-based healthcare literature to advise and support
appropriate practice changes within the designated service.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the
development and implementation of clinical studies within the area
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of
research protocols when applicable.
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position,
particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance
indicators established for service.
- For Ostomy, management of Ostomy patients in the outpatient
Minimum Qualifications: To qualify you must have a Master's Degree
graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program Required.
Current NYS Registered Nurse License Required. Current NYS Nurse
Practitioner License Required. Current Nurse Practitioner
Certification Required. Excellent communication skills (both oral &
written), interpersonal and organization skills Required. Basic
Computer skills Required.
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS, Nurse
Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) Preferred. Relevant
experience strongly Preferred.Qualified candidates must be able to
effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more
than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be
proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your
time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in
all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national
origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status,
marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO
policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal
"EEO is the law" poster or visit
more information.NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to
comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job
Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $128,440.00 -
$158,940.00 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of
factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital
need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include
bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation
or benefits.To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
Keywords: NYU Langone Health - Symphony Talent, New York , Nurse Practitioner - Outpatient Cardiology, Great Neck, Healthcare , Great Neck, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!