Senior Medical Assistant
Company: Northwell Health
Location: New Hyde Park
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Administers para-professional nursing care. Duties include, but are
not limited to; preparing patient for physician, administering and
recording laboratory tests. Guides designated practice Assistants
and Associates; assists in coordinating organization of patient
needs including, preparing and organizing patient clinic
- Collaborates with members of the health care team in
coordinating and implementing plans for patient care; records
patient history for medical staff review.
- Performs measurement and screening procedures according to
protocol, which may include, but is not limited to height, weight,
head circumference, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, audiometry
and vision testing; records and plots findings on patient
- Collects blood specimens and assists physician or nurse in
collection of blood specimens as required; completes requisitions,
labels and routes specimens according to standard
- Collects specimens and completes requisitions, labels and
routes specimens according to standard procedure.
- May perform electrocardiograms in accordance with physician
orders; assists physicians and nurses with special procedures and
examinations by securing supplies, ensuring patient is properly
undressed and draped, providing instruments to physicians, holding
patient as required and assisting patient after
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms;
stocks assigned rooms and cupboards and ensures that par levels of
supplies are maintained on a daily basis.
- Insures all data collected for procedures performed is recorded
clearly and accurately on appropriate forms and in medical
- Performs variety of other administrative support functions
including, but not limited to maintaining medical records,
processing insurance forms, and preparing financial
- Maintains par levels of office, patient, and medical
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Successful
completion of a six-month (6) to one (1) year course in Medical
Assisting at an accredited school.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification preferred, plus
specialized certifications as needed.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Senior Medical Assistant, Healthcare , New Hyde Park, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!