Lower School School Psychologist
Company: Leman Manhattan Preparatory School
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
L--man Manhattan Preparatory School is seeking a School
Psychologist for grades PreK-5 The School Psychologist will support
the success of students academically, socially, behaviorally, and
emotionally in grades PreK-5. This role is responsible for
providing support for social, emotional and behavioral challenges,
interpreting psycho-educational evaluations, making referrals to
external professionals as necessary and providing short term
student counseling. This position also supports the emotional
well-being of staff and families. This position will collaborate
with administration, faculty, staff, parents, and other
professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning
environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and
the community for all students. This position serves as a valuable
resource for the entire community and will be a valuable member of
the Student Support Services Team. When appropriate this position
will interpret assessments and evaluate the needs and educational
programs of referred students; plan and assist in implementation of
programs to enable students to attain appropriate achievement and
adjustment; consult with teachers, parents and in some cases,
students regarding such needs and/or issues. All of this is done
with the goal of improving the educational experience of referred
students and increasing the capacity of L--man faculty and staff to
meet the students needs. Key Responsibilities:
- Development, management, and delivery of a comprehensive school
counseling program that addresses the health, welfare, morale, and
activities of his/her respective school division.
- Provides individual and group counseling services to meeting
the development, preventive, and remedial needs of students
- Consults with students, parents, teachers, and other school and
community personnel to assist in meeting the needs of
- Maintain student records, including special education reports,
confidential records, records of services provided, and behavioral
- Interprets test results and other student data and assists
teachers with the educational placement of students by using
appropriate educational assessment strategies. This responsibility
may include evaluations for students PK-12.
- Refer students and their families to appropriate community
agencies for medical, vocational, or social services.
- Attend workshops, seminars, and/or professional meetings in
order to remain informed of new developments in school
- Identify and address learning and behavior problems through
behavior management and modification plans.
- This responsibility may include services/collaborating for
students PK-12 Counseling Team.
- Promote school policies and practices that ensure the safety of
all students by reducing school violence, bullying, and
- Respond to crises by providing leadership, direct services, and
coordination with needed community services.
- Design, implement, and garner support for comprehensive school
mental health programming.
- Coordinate the delivery of services to students and their
families in and outside of school.
- Available to attend all required meetings outside the school
day ie: conferences, curriculum meetings, professional
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Leman Manhattan Preparatory School, New York , Lower School School Psychologist, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!