Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Corps Partners
Location: New York
Posted on: March 20, 2023
2. Coordinates audiometric screening test for resident and makes referrals for further audiology evaluations, or treatments if necessary.
3. Initiates speech-language therapy plan of care according to physician orders; and maintains required contact with the physician during the therapy program of resident.
4. Observes rights of residents and treats residents with respect and kindness.
5. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in a speech-language treatment program.
6. Confers with other staff regarding special needs of residents and integrates speech-language treatment program with goals and approaches of other disciplines.
7. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan Review meetings for residents currently in a speech-language treatment program.
8. Maintains records that include statistical reports about resident, in-service education information, budget information and a material/equipment inventory.
9. Submits statistical reports to the Business Office staff for Medicare billing payments and completes assessment forms upon request.
10. Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training.11.Participates in developing and conducting in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Reviews written speech-language policies and procedures annually and makes necessary revisions.
13. Maintains costs of program within the parameters of the annual budget.
14. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and practices required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
15. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase position productivity and satisfaction.
16. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this position, and for all staff members of this facility.
17. Exhibit the highest level of customer service toward residents, staff and visitors.
18. Perform other position duties assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.Qualifications:--- M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an approved school -required.
--- New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist -required.
--- Clinical Competence Certification from the American Speech and Hearing Association -preferred.
--- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
--- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
--- Verification of qualifications by the New York State Department of Health, Office of Rehabilitation Therapies (license number/certification number) required.
--- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
--- Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual is required. About the area: Explore a world of art, theater, music, photography, history, nature and play in -Rochester, New York. From standing in the parlor where Susan B. Anthony was arrested to listening to great jazz on the streets. -Rochester is located on the Southern shore of Lake Ontario and sits at the center of the historic Erie Canal. -Only a 90-minute -drive to Niagara Falls, 1.5 hours to the Finger Lakes wine country and 6 hours to New York City. -World class events such as the International Jazz Festival and the Highland Park Lilac Festival, PGA and LPGA championships, etc. attract nearly two million visitors each year. The George Eastman Museum, the National Museum of Play at the Strong and the National Toy Hall of fame are popular with all ages. -This beautiful area abounds with state and local parks which offer summer and winter sports, camping, etc. Many well-known -colleges & universities in the area as well. Apply Enter your email below to sign up to receive our monthly newsletter.
Keywords: Corps Partners, New York , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , New York, New York
here to apply!