Company: RehabCare Group
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Assist nursing staff with patients' personal care, emotional
support, and activities of daily living. More complex duties
performed under supervision of licensed nursing personnel.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs
specific to the standard of care for patient's age.
- Provides morning care which may include bed bath, shower or
whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed
linens, cleaning over bed table and bedside stand, straightening
room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provides evening care which includes hands/face washing as
needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen,
cleaning over bed tables, straightening room and other general care
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains
- Prepares patients for meals; serves and removes food trays and
assists with meals or feeds patients if necessary.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to
- Answers patient call lights, anticipates patient's needs and
makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with the handling of personal property:
dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Transports patients to and from various departments in the
- Reports and, when appropriate, records any changes observed in
condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
- Assists in the preparation of admissions, transfers and
discharge of patients.
- Assists licensed nursing staff with treatment procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the
patient's response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for
- Integrates the plan of care with Rehabilitation Services
treatment plan to attain patient's optimal level of
- Provides general nursing care: positioning patients, lifting
and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment,
assisting patients with the bedpan, commode; assists ambulating
patients. Uses correct body mechanics.
- Checks patient for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports
to licensed nursing staff.
- Obtains and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood
pressure, weight, intake and output.
- Makes rounds with oncoming shift to ensure the unit is left in
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to nurse, supervisor,
co-workers, physicians and the Rehabilitation Services staff.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity;
ensures patient confidentiality.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies
and linens and follows established charge procedures for patient
- Follows infection control procedures. Keeps the unit clean and
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Response to the patient is appropriate in emergency or
physically distressful situation.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the nurse assistant's
scope of practice.
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Completion of course for nursing assistants
- Current state certification as a Nursing Assistant
- CPR/BCLS Certification
- Minimum six months experience in an acute or long term facility
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
Keywords: RehabCare Group, New York , Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Madison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...