Health Center Supervisor or Assistant
Company: Girl Scouts Heart of NJ
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Camp DeWitt (day camp in Hillsborough Township, NJ), The OVAL
(day camp in Maplewood, NJ), or Camp Hoover (sleepaway camp in
Newton, NJ). (at least 21 years old), Health Supervisor*Health
Center Assistant**_ (at least 18 years old).The role of the Health
Supervisor/Assistant is to provide for the health and safety of all
campers and staff on camp property and during off-site trips. They
are responsible for maintaining proper medical and attendance logs,
reviewing all health history forms of campers and staff,
communicating with staff and parents about any health concerns,
administering medication, overseeing all aspects of the Health
Center, and ensuring that all first aid supplies and equipment are
readily available.Duties may include:
- Maintain first aid supplies and equipment for Health Center,
units, program sites, and off-site trips.
- Complete and file medical reports including daily treatment
log, insurance claim forms, and health department reports and
record in CAMPWISE.
- Review and analyze all health history, medical, and parent
supplied information for campers and staff, noting any allergies,
physical limitations, fears or serious illnesses, or operations to
generate weekly Health and Medication Alerts. Appraise Camp
Director and camp staff as needed.
- Supervise and coordinate the check-in of all campers and their
- Maintain attendance records and verify all camper absences.
(DAY CAMP ONLY)
- Manage the requisition of supplies and that the Health Center
is equipped in good condition at all times.
- Coordinate all camper food allergy plans.
- Monitor camp facilities for natural hazards, health, safety,
- Administer medication to campers and staff as directed per
parent or doctor standing orders.
- Provide basic first aid to campers and staff in case of illness
or accident and notify parent/guardian accordingly.
- Maintain the Health Center in a neat and clean order at all
times. Keep medicines & medical records under lock and key.
- Assist in instructing and leading staff/campers in emergency
procedures such as fire drills, evacuations, etc., as
required.Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or
a Registered Nurse licensed in NJ or a Licensed Practical Nurse
(LPN) in NJ for Health Supervisor required for RESIDENT CAMP ; a
plus for DAY CAMP.Current certification in First Aid, professional
CPR, and AED child and adult required.For all positions, applicants
- Emotional resiliency (handles stressful situations
appropriately) and cognitive abilities(mental skills necessary) to
carry out job responsibilities.
- Capacity to work a variety of situations, including and not
limited to, loud, large group setting, with high energy, both
indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate professional
- Ability to maintain the privacy of information that may be
shared with them regarding the campers in their care.
- Interpersonal skills (skills used to reduce stress, reduce
conflict, improve communication, increase understanding, and
promote happiness) to interact effectively with individuals and
groups respecting social and cultural diversity and to maintain
- Physical endurance to be on one's feet walking, bending,
twisting, reaching above head, carrying items, in other words,
being physically active for 4 continuous hours, the ability to walk
up hills, and the ability to run or walk fast 1/8 of a mile without
- Ability to read, write, understand and follow printed
instructions in English.
- Ability to work in a variety of outside weather conditions -
heat, cold, humidity, wind, precipitation, lake and/or pool water,
wooded areas and environmental factors associated with the out of
- Personal skills, certifications, and experience to perform
responsibilities in position(s) applied and/or hired for.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Attentiveness to details to equipment and facilities to ensure
utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 20 pounds.Understanding that
other duties will be assigned as required, which may include but is
not limited to:
- Overall cleaning, daily kapers, organization of supplies,
cleaning of bathrooms/latrines/port-a-johns, movement of
- Clerical or office work, including but not limited to record
keeping and inventory.
- Duties that benefit the overall camp program before, during and
after the season.
- Duties with the overall goal of leaving the site better than
Keywords: Girl Scouts Heart of NJ, New York , Health Center Supervisor or Assistant, Healthcare , Maplewood, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...