Physician Assistant - Bellevue - Cardiac EP Lab - New York, NY - Cardiology
Company: New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases
Location: New York
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Physician Assistant - Bellevue - Cardiac EP Lab - New York, NY
is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years,
NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians
and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical
history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part
of , the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to
improving the human condition through medical education, scientific
research, and direct patient care. At NYU Langone Health, equity,
diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a
place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students
of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and
individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go
to -, and interact with us on -, -, -, -, - -and -.Position
Summary:We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a
Physician Assistant - Bellevue - Cardiac EP Lab. In this role, the
successful candidate Responsible for provision, coordination, and
assurance of comprehensive medical care using sound medical
knowledge and pertinent standards of care, performance of
therapeutic, corrective, and prescriptive measures on the
designated inpatient or outpatient population, assume delegatory
responsibilities assigned by supervising physician privileged as
Medical Staff of NYU Langone Health.Job Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and
objectives of the institution, department and clinical
- Educates patient and family to facilitate and promote healthy
adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and
modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Performs delegated clinical duties effectively and
- Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to
the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as
outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and
occupational therapy, and home health services per practice
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to
New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to
perform responsibilities.Membership in professional specialty
- Previously demonstrated ability to facilitate group processes
and work cohesively andcollaboratively as member of the
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective
communication skills, creative problem solvingand excellent
critical thinking skills.
- Previous experience as a physician assistant or physician
assistant fellowship experience ispreferred.
- At least 2 years of clinical rotation in various medical,
surgical and other specialty areas.
- Coordinates implementation of clinical research studies or
clinical trials, including patient screening, enrollment and data
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position,
particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance
indicators established for the service.
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of
research protocols when applicable.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the
development and implementation of clinical studies within the area
- Uses evidence-based health care literature to advise and
support appropriate practice changes within the designated
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient
outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality
and performance improvement.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of
peers and other health professionals.
- Maintains PA board certification.
- Maintains annual CME requirement for re-appointment and
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional
physician assistant practice standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and
incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Facilitates patients throughput and efficient process during
patients admission and discharge.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of
services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the
nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain
timely and appropriate communication with family members, house
staff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Participates in the development and revision of
interdisciplinary and hospital standards, patient and family
education materials as relevant to area of practice and
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including
the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic
plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and
to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols,
pathways, and other means
- Additional Position Specific Responsibilities:
- "Physician Assistants working at the Helen L. & Martin S.
Kimmel Hyperbaric and Advanced Wound Healing Center ("Hyperbaric
Center") will have additional duties assigned to them as outlined
in the "Role of the Physician Assistant" policy for the Hyperbaric
Center."Minimum Qualifications:To qualify you must have a Physician
Assistant Bachelor's Degree (BA-PA)Current New York State Physician
Assistant LicenseNCCPA Board CertificationACLS, PALS, NRP Provider
(Neonatal Resuscitation Program) NALS per delineation of
privileges. Required Licenses: Physician Assistant Lic-NYS, Ntl Com
Cert Physician AsstPreferred Qualifications:Membership in pertinent
professional organizations preferred.Qualified candidates must be
able to effectively communicate with all levels of the
organization.NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff
with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an
institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel
good about devoting your time and your talents.NYU Grossman School
of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting
and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply
and will receive consideration without regard to race, color,
gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation,
transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age,
religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or
parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any
other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
online. If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO
policies, please . Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law"
poster or visit for more information.NYU Langone Health provides a
salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary
Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role
is $92,066.00 - $108,000.00 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a
variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and
hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not
include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of
compensation or benefits.To view the Pay Transparency Notice,
Keywords: New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York , Physician Assistant - Bellevue - Cardiac EP Lab - New York, NY - Cardiology, Healthcare , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...