Licensed Practical-Vocational Nurse
Company: Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Provides patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical
and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of
patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and
responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the
supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct
administration based on the age and clinical condition of the
- Reduces the potential for medication errors by following
correct medication procedures.
- Performs patient care considering needs specific to the
standard of care for patient's age; includes geriatric and general
inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., assists with the assessment
on all patients and reassessments as per policy. Identifies and
initiates appropriate rehabilitation nursing interventions.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., performs timely and accurate
- Carry out the plan of care as indicated by the patient's needs
and response to treatment; evaluates overall plan daily for
effectiveness; updates interdisciplinary care plan accordingly
based on changes in patient's condition and individual needs.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the formation of the plan of care
- Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain.
Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the
patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/
health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon the patient's individual
and identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of
learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services
according to level of licensure.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Registered Nurses,
leadership, coworkers, physicians and the Rehabilitation Services
- Participates in team conferences.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Actively participates in Continuous Quality and Performance
Improvement (CQPI) activities. Offers suggestions for opportunities
for improvements in patient care, safety, education, etc.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of accredited licensed practical/ vocational nurse
- Current state licensure as Licensed Practical/Vocational
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- IV Certified required or obtained within 6 months highly
- Minimum six months' Medical/Surgical experience in an acute
care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
Keywords: Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute, New York , Licensed Practical-Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Madison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...