Registered Nurse, Home Care, Float (Queens)
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
OverviewProvides high quality comprehensive nursing care to meet
the needs of the patient/client and manages/coordinates the
delivery of cost effective multidisciplinary health care services
for a caseload of patients/clients consistent with VNS Health
philosophy, policy, goals and objectives, and Standards of Nursing
Practice. Works under moderate supervision.ResponsibilitiesPlease
note this role is floating between Queens and Nassau County
- Assesses the physical, social and psychological needs and
environmental conditions of the patient/client through professional
knowledge, skills of observation, interviewing, and physical
examination to develop a plan of care.
- Understands, interprets, and implements reimbursement
protocols; determines the billing source for patient/client care.
Consults with management on complex/unique reimbursement
- Acts as the coordinator of care for the multidisciplinary team
by providing and managing the care needs of patients/clients which
includes making/confirming referrals to other disciplines/community
agencies and ordering supplies/services and ensuring they are
delivered as needed.
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
accordance with government regulations/requirements, and VNS Health
policies, practices, and procedures, as well as NFP requirements as
appropriate. Initiates and maintains written (including clinical
and progress notes) and verbal communications with team members and
management to assure optimal patient/client care.
- Participates in the orientation of selected staff through
'buddy system' field observation of staff and feedback to
appropriate staff involved in orientation process.
- Participates in selected student programs by providing
guidance, training and mentoring to students.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNS Health policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient/client care.
- Transports and utilizes required medical equipment and other
supplies using VNS Health designated/supplied carrying case
weighing approximately 25 - 30 lbs. to and from patient/client
- Travels to patient/clients' homes and/or other facilities with
varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care
facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.)
using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Follows work procedures in relation to established
- Maintains productivity sufficient to meet VNS Health
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth through
attendance at in-services, training, continued formal education and
select journal readership.
- Establishes, implements, and revises a plan of care with input
from appropriate multidisciplinary health team members (i.e.,
physician, OT, PT, SW, SLP, family members, caregivers, HHAs, etc.)
based on goals mutually acceptable to the patient and significant
others. Ensures that services follow the plan of care by ongoing
assessment, planning, coordination, counseling, teaching and
supervision of the delivery of care to meet the needs of the
- Oversees/supervises the care provided to the patient by
Licensed Practical Nurses and Paraprofessionals through regular
home visits in compliance with regulatory and VNS Health
requirements. Assesses the patient's condition, monitors the effect
of the care plans on the patient/family health status, informs
physician and other team members of changes in the client's needs
and updates the plan of treatment, as needed.
- Manages, plans, coordinates and executes the patient's safe
discharge from service. Ensures that physician's orders, discharge
summary and communication to team members, patient and family
members adhere to VNS Health and regulatory requirements.
- Communicates and consults with patient's MD and follows-up on
problematic situations affecting care such as abnormal clinical
findings, medication discrepancies, or other factors that impact
patient's ability to comply with the plan of care. Manages and
coordinates all aspects of assigned caseload.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, which may
require positioning, moving, transferring and lifting patients of
varying weights and physical conditions, with and without
assistance and as appropriate, from family members and/or
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
assigned.QualificationsLicenses and Certifications:
- License and current registration to practice as a registered
professional nurse in New York State required
- Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, as
determined by operational/regional needsEducation:
- Degree in Nursing from an approved program requiredWork
- Minimum of one year of experience in a medical/surgical
Keywords: VNS Health, New York , Registered Nurse, Home Care, Float (Queens), Healthcare , Weehawken, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!