Registered Nurse (Nurse Family Partnership) Mother Baby (Spanish Speaking)
Company: VNS Health
Location: Jackson Heights
Posted on: September 19, 2023
OverviewProvides high quality comprehensive nursing care to meet
the needs of the patient/client and manages/coordinates the
delivery of cost effective multidisciplinary health care services
for a caseload of patients/clients consistent with VNS Health
philosophy, policy, goals and objectives, and Standards of Nursing
Practice. Works under moderate supervision.
For Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) only: Provides health education,
social support and community linkages to meet the needs of pregnant
and postpartum, first-time mothers and their infants. Also
responsible for adhering to NFP national
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
accordance with government regulations/requirements, and VNS Health
policies, practices, and procedures, as well as NFP requirements as
appropriate. Initiates and maintains written (including clinical
and progress notes) and verbal communications with team members and
management to assure optimal patient/client care.
- Participates in the orientation of selected staff through
'buddy system' field observation of staff and feedback to
appropriate staff involved in orientation process.
- Participates in selected student programs by providing
guidance, training and mentoring to students.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNS Health policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient/client care.
- Travels to patient/clients' homes and/or other facilities with
varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care
facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.)
using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Follows work procedures in relation to established
- Maintains productivity sufficient to meet VNS Health
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth through
attendance at in-services, training, continued formal education and
select journal readership.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special
project, as assigned.
- Establishes, implements, and revises a plan of care with input
from the client and from appropriate multidisciplinary health team
members (i.e., social worker, physician) based on goals mutually
acceptable to the client. Ensures that services follow the plan of
care by ongoing assessment, planning, coordination, counseling,
teaching, and evaluation of the delivery of care to meet the needs
of the client.
- Manages, plans, coordinates and executes the client's safe
discharge from service. Ensures that discharge summary and
communication to team members, patient and family members adhere to
VNS Health and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet client's needs.
- Participates in all required NFP training sessions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
assigned.QualificationsLicenses and Certifications:
- License and current registration to practice as a registered
professional nurse in New York State required.
- Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be
required as determined by operational/regional needs.Education:
- Degree in Nursing from an approved program required.
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing required.Work Experience:Minimum of
one year of recent experience of mother child health
Keywords: VNS Health, New York , Registered Nurse (Nurse Family Partnership) Mother Baby (Spanish Speaking), Healthcare , Jackson Heights, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!