Pharmacy Services Coordinator-Telehealth - Hybrid
Company: Northwell Health
Location: New Hyde Park
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Telehealth - Hybrid
Collaborates with members of inter-professional team, payers,
patients, and families to promote timely access to medications.
Provides pharmacy benefits investigation, coordination of financial
assistance and facilitation of prior authorizations, as
- Collaborates with inter-professional team to enhance
communication, coordinate care, and improve patient
- Serves as front line subject matter expert on outpatient
pharmacy services, prescription insurance benefits, and financial
- Coordinates with stakeholders to ensure timely access to
- Partners with patients to determine most appropriate sources
for their medication needs and refers patients to appropriate
programs and resources.
- Reviews prescriptions with outpatient pharmacies to confirm
which medications need to be dispensed and provides necessary
timeline for dispensing.
- Resolves insurance related issues and coordinates prior
- Identifies financial assistance (e.g., manufacturers'
assistance, copay assistance, vouchers) programs to reduce out of
pocket expenses for patients.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service during interactions with
patients, caregivers, and other health care professionals.
- Provides routine feedback with respect to program impact and
areas for improvement to site and organizational
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
*Additional Salary DetailThe salary range and/or hourly rate listed
is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that
may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the
time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the
future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate,
several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location,
specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education,
credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Pharmacy Services Coordinator-Telehealth - Hybrid, Healthcare , New Hyde Park, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!