PT SOR Registered Nurse
Company: Outreach Development Corp.
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Exciting. High-energy. Rewarding. Outreach is seeking an
experienced and extremely motivated Registered Nurse to work in our
Outpatient program located in Brooklyn, NY. The Nurse is
responsible for the delivery and implementation of patient health
services. The Nurse serves as a member of the treatment team. The
State Opioid Response (SOR) addresses the opioid crisis by
increasing access to MAT; reducing unmet treatment need; and
reducing opioid overdose-related deaths.The salary range for the
Brooklyn, NY, based position is $32.00/hr. to $50.00/ hr.What You
- Conduct assessments of substance abusers and family members to
determine appropriateness for participation in treatment, need for
physical exam or other medical services.
- Follow up on any health-related referrals made
- Maintain a tracking system to monitor patient health issues,
medical appointments, and prescribed medications
- Provide patient education and counseling around health
- Provide staff education around health-related issues.
- Provide crisis intervention on an emergency basis when
- Complete all needed documentation and reports in a timely
manner. Informs Program leadership (Director, Asst. Director,
and/or Coordinator) of any problems or anticipated inability to
- Actively participate in staff meetings, case conferences and
other unit meetings.
- Maintain communication and teamwork with clinical staff to
integrate and enhance clinical services.
- Conduct toxicology testing, as needed
- Identify the current health needs of the patient population and
implement activities to address service and informational
deficits.Who You Are:
- Must be a NYS Registered Nurse (RN).
- Experience working in a substance abuse treatment setting or
special populations required.
- Experience working with adolescents a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to work three evenings.
- Flexibility in scheduling a plus.
- Commitment to providing quality services and outcome driven
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse
groups of people
- Experience with AVATAR electronic health records a plus
- Able to work the required 14 hoursAt Outreach, we enjoy a
strong work-life balance, excellent benefits, and ongoing
professional training. Our enthusiastic employees love what they do
and the positive impact they make every day. Outreach embraces
diversity and promotes a workplace in which individual differences
are recognized, appreciated and respected.Our employees are the
reason Outreach ranks among the most respected health and human
services providers in New York City and Long Island. In fact, we
have been named one of the "Best Companies to Work for in New York"
a total of nine times since 2010. Communities throughout Queens,
Brooklyn and Long Island turn to Outreach for a vast array of
treatment and training needs. We customize our services to increase
our access to a wide range of individuals and groups including
Families, Justice System, Aspiring Professionals, EAPs/MAPs and
Community Members. Outreach's treatment services are licensed by
the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
Services (OASAS) and employ best practices in line with the
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services' (SAMHSA) indicators of
quality treatment. An EEO employer, we enjoy exceptional workforce
retention - many of our employees have been with Outreach for 10
years or more, some starting as part-timers and now working in
full-time senior management. Adding to our outstanding benefits,
some members of Outreach's clinical and professional staff may be
eligible for student loan forgiveness and repayment plans for
persons working in public service, education, and health care,
including the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
Program, Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) Plan, or the New York State
Licensed Social Worker Loan Forgiveness (LSWLF) Program. Outreach's
NYC outpatient programs are also approved for the National Health
Service Corps (NHSC) Substance Use Disorder Loan Repayment program,
for eligible clinicians. Compensation details: 32-50 Hourly
Keywords: Outreach Development Corp., New York , PT SOR Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!