Hospital Coding Auditor Specialist
Company: New York Community Hospital
Posted on: May 17, 2018
Job DescriptionWe have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Coding Auditor Specialist. This role primarily provides revenue cycle support and serves as a liaison to Patient Financial Services, HIM, Clinical Documentation and various ancillary departments as deemed necessary.To qualify, the ideal candidate has acquired a College Degree in Health Allied Sciences and annually attains the Certified Profession Coder Certification through the American Academy of Professional Coders. He/she should possess excellent communicative, organizational, interpersonal and prioritization skills. RESPONSIBILITIES:The Hospital Coding Auditor Specialist assists management in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling the functions related to coding, reimbursement, documentation, quality initiatives, billing, Integrity of Revenue Cycle and day-to-day operations. In addition to demonstrating working knowledge of ICD-9/10 CM; PCS and CPT coding nomenclatures, this position is responsible for billing guidelines, clinical documentation, regulatory compliance requirements and Charge Master (CDM) challenges. The Hospital Coding Auditor Specialist will perform chart analysis, data entry abstractions, validating entries and reimbursement to ensure appropriate reimbursement based on the designated nomenclature ICD-9, 10 & CPT. In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Hospital Coding Auditor Specialist will audit, aggregate and report providers’ clinical documentation trends. This position requires providing assistance to peers during their training period and utilizes all available resources to ensure compliance and identifies discrepancies affecting revenue integrity. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- College Degree in Allied Health Sciences
- Certified Profession Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)Company DescriptionNew York Community Hospital is a 134-bed, non-profit acute care hospital located in the Midwood and Madison Park section of Brooklyn. Founded in 1929 by physician brothers Albert and Dudley Fritz, New York Community Hospital—then known as Madison Park Hospital—has gone through many changes over the years to meet the needs of our ever-growing, dynamic and diverse community. Today, as in the past, the hospital prides itself in providing the highest quality and safe healthcare with compassion, respect and dignity to all our patients and to the community. With expanded facilities, state-of-the-art medical technology and a patient-centered approach to care, we continue to meet this goal.
Keywords: New York Community Hospital, New York, Hospital Coding Auditor Specialist, Healthcare, Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!