Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant
Company: TAL Healthcare
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Surgery-General opening in North Bergen, New Jersey. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Title: Cardiac Surgery Physician AssistantLocation: New Jersey, NJ 07047Industry: HealthcareOccupational Category: Physician AssistantHours: Full-timeDescription: Hiring a Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant for a well-established, accredited hospital based, academic practice with a fellowship program. The Physician Assistant, Cardiac Surgery will assist the supervising surgeon in the management of patients and performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures under the supervision of the surgeon.Responsibilities:
- Ability to identify normal and abnormal findings and initiate appropriate procedure.
- Arterial blood gases/insertion of radial artery line, change central lines
- Closure of sternotomy, thoracotomy, leg and abdominal
- Complete appropriate documentation of all evaluations, care, and services.
- Complete individual daily and/or participate in multidisciplinary rounds with attending physician on all inpatients and documentation of medical plan.
- Dictate Consultations and discharge summaries in a timely manner.
- Participate in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Excision and harvesting of saphenous vein and radial artery in preparation for coronary bypass both open and endoscopically.
- First /second assist in all cardiothoracic cases.
- Maintains BLS, ACLS certification and provides emergent medical intervention as needed until physician arrives.
- Manage discharge of patients with appropriate disposition, follow up planning, adjunctive therapy management and education.
- Orders and evaluates pertinent diagnostic tests (including Radiology, Laboratory, EKG)
- Prepare patients for surgery, including but not limited to counseling in preventive care, medical problems, exercise the use of prescribed treatments and drugs, skin preparation, health promotion and consents.
- Serve as a resource for nursing and ancillary staff with regards to patient disease management and post-operative course.Education Requirements:
- Completion of a qualified Physician Assistant Program
- Current certification by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants
- Valid New Jersey License
- Current BLS card
- ALCS Keyphrases: general surgery jobs, surgery jobs, surgeon jobs, general surgeon jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgery jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgeon jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgery jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery jobs, colo rectal surgeon jobs, colo rectal surgery jobs, neuro surgeon jobs, neuro surgery jobs, oral plastic surgery jobs, oral plastic surgeon jobs, pediatric oral surgery jobs, pediatric oral surgeon jobs, dental oral surgery jobs, dentist oral surgeon jobs, dentist oral surgery jobs, maxillofacial oral surgeon jobs, maxillofacial oral surgery jobs, oral maxillofacial surgeon jobs, oral maxillofacial surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgeon jobs, cardio vascular surgeon jobs, pediatric vascular surgeon jobs, pediatric vascular surgery jobs, surg tech jobs, surgery tech jobs, surgical tech jobs, gynecologic surgery jobs, surgical jobs
Keywords: TAL Healthcare, New York , Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant, Healthcare , North Bergen, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!