Nurse Practitioner - Urology
Company: Westmed Medical Group
Location: White Plains
Posted on: March 21, 2019
Video: Westmed Medical Group Video
Westmed Medical Group is currently recruiting for an experienced
Nurse Practitioner for our Urology team. This role will work
collaboratively with two urologists in both the office and hospital
settings to provide high quality care. Our Urology department has
locations in White Plains, Purchase, Rye & Ridge Hill/Yonkers.
Experience in urology is required for this position. Position
schedule is Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm plus on-call schedule. The
Nurse Practitioner is expected to take call with the attending
physician who is on call. Anticipated call scheduled is one weekend
(Saturday & Sunday) every 6 weeks.
The nurse practitioner (NP) provides general medical care and
treatment to Westmed patients. This is done in direct collaboration
with a licensed physician, and in accordance with an approved
written practice agreement and guidelines. Services provided by the
NP will include health maintenance, management of acute/episodic
illnesses and management of stable chronic illnesses.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
Primary urology office responsibilities:
* Obtaining a history and performing a physical exam
* Ordering lab and imaging studies
* Coordinating care with patients, their families and other care
providers and helping to follow up with lab results and phone
* Office procedures and diagnostic testing performed by the Nurse
Practitioner include urodynamics, urocuff, biofeedback, pelvic
floor electrical stimulation, urinary catheter placements and
changes, bladder instillations, posterior tibial nerve stimulation,
prostate and bladder ultrasound, teaching penile injections,
instructing self-catheterization and pessary fitting and routine
Further responsibilities in the hospital:
* Placement and changing of foley catheters and suprapubic tubes,
clot irrigation and management of continuous bladder irrigation,
administration of bladder medications including bcg and mitomicin,
penile injection for priapism, wound care including debridement and
incision and drainage of small abscesses, meatal dilation,
reduction of paraphimosis and removal of drains, staples or
Additional general responsibilities:
* Provides clinical services and develops and implements plan of
care in conjunction with collaborating physician(s).
* Obtains patient medical history and performs physical
examinations and preventative health measures within prescribed
* Initiates necessary laboratory and diagnostic tests. Interprets
laboratory and test results.
* Confers with collaborating physician(s), nursing staff and/or
other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care, and
to prepare a comprehensive patient care plan. Refers to appropriate
physician(s) for more complicated medical cases or cases that are
not a routine part of a NP's scope of practice.
* Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing
patient management plans. Obtains consultations and/or referrals as
appropriate. Ensures all follow-up appointments are completed on a
* Responds to patient inquiries, answers questions and refers
questions to physician(s) as appropriate.
* Documents all patient care services in the electronic medical
* Provides health education counseling to patients and families as
appropriate; and supports programs for patients and their families.
Answers questions about condition and treatment plan.
* Participates in and supports performance improvement and risk
* Completes required continuous training and education, including
practice specific requirements. Demonstrates professional work
behavior and complies with organizational policies and procedures
and federal and state requirements.
* Establishes and maintains patient educational materials;
* Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team
approach to patient care.
* Respects and protects the patient's rights to confidentiality and
privacy and discloses information only for the professional
purposes which are in the patient's best interests with full
consideration of their legal rights. Displays a positive attitude
when interacting with physician's office staff, physicians and
fellow employees of the office.
* Master's degree and successful completion of accredited nurse
* Current licensure as Nurse Practitioner by state of New York or
* Board certification
* Work experience in the specialty of urology
* Current BLS and ACLS certification
* Knowledge of medical procedures and guidelines concerning
assessment, treatment, and recovery
* Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
* Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical
conduct of practice
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and
effective conflict resolution skills
* Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and
compassionate care and service to all patients
* Demonstrated commitment to WMG mission, vision and values
* Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty
medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed
by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the
highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester
County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its
one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses
state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured
healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and
currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your
trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for
service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient
experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients.
Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality
Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level.
Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations
(ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune 2017 Best
Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are
interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and
friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along
with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful
here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being Smart" &
Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on
like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people
and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better
and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our
team members and provide individuals with the support they need to
achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality
care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment
and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our
benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see
Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance,
AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and
profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical
Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the
global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and
will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis
of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran or militar Video:
Westmed Medical Group VideoWestmed Medical Group is currently
recruiting for an experienced Nurse Practitioner for our Urology
Keywords: Westmed Medical Group, New York , Nurse Practitioner - Urology, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!