Registered Nurse- Westchester County
Company: visiting nurse services in westchester
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 21, 2019
SIGN-ON BONUS UP TO $8,000!!!
HIGHER SALARY SCALES AVAILABLE- FULL TIME UP TO $95,840!
FULL TIME, PART TIME, FFS POSITIONS AVAILABLE!
VNS Westchester has full time, part time and fee-for-service
opportunities for Registered Nurses with Medical/Surgical
experience. Responsibilities include the safe delivery of quality
home care to patients in Bronx, Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess and
Putnam Counties and assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating
and coordinating all care in the home.
- Assesses the patient/family situation for nursing and health
- Provides nursing care to patients requiring part time or
intermittent professional nursing care at home.
- Develops and coordinates the plan of care specific to the needs
of individual patients in conjunction with all health team
- Instructs and supervise patients, caregivers, LPNs, and home
health aides in aspects of patient care as appropriate.
- Reports significant conditions/symptoms to the patient's
physician and modifies the plan of care accordingly.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Educates the patient/family regarding the disease process, self
care techniques and prevention strategies.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and outcomes of care.
- Consults with and refers to other professionals or agencies in
the community concerning patient needs not within the scope of
- Interprets to patient/families Agency policies, procedures and
federal/state/local laws and regulations affecting service or
- Documents, on a timely basis, all nursing service provided to
patients as well as periodic reports to coordinate care and remain
in compliance with state/federal regulations.
- Systematically plans for discharge from service.
- Effectively manages document flow and confidentiality of
patient records as per Agency policy.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and adherence to agency policy as
well as state/federal regulations governing home care
- Participates in program evaluation, research, educational
programs and other agency activities as appropriate.
- Maintains sufficient service productivity to meet agency goals
- Participates in activities to enhance professional
- Participates in the orientation of new staff.
- Participates in the student nurse program as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- License and current registration to practice as a Registered
Professional Nurse in the State of New York.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years experience as a registered nurse in
either Medical/Surgical nursing or a general morbidity
- Ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and
families in the home setting.
- Professional Liability Insurance in the amount specified by
- Able to drive with automobile in good working order and
available for use in the field.
- Ability to master basic computer skills.
VNS Westchester is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants
are given equal consideration without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, military
service, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital
Keywords: visiting nurse services in westchester, New York , Registered Nurse- Westchester County, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!