Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Posted on: January 16, 2020
1WHO IS STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? We are the leader in tools and
security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We
are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you
at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We
are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake
survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No
matter where you live, what vehicle you drive, what stores you shop
at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in
making it work. Our purpose is to create the innovative solutions
for those that make the world.
Click on the link to learn more about how it is our purpose to
innovate for those that make our world!
WHY WORK FOR STANLEY BLACK & DECKER?
Since 1843, we ve set the standard for excellence in everything we
do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history
of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help
professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world
s most valuable things.
As a Fortune 500 Company that was recently named one of the Top 100
Companies for Millennial Women and one of Fortune s Most Admired
Companies, Stanley Black and Decker always strives for excellence
when it comes to our employees. We are a stable yet always
advancing company with a proven track record for longevity and
Our Company also offers employees a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
* Life Insurance
* Paid holidays and more!
The Supervisor is responsible for managing Team Leaders and small
work teams in a fast paced, high mix, assembly environment. The
Supervisor will coordinate all activities to achieve operational
metric targets (KPIs) while implementing Lean Manufacturing process
by utilizing lean tools and driving productivity and continuous
improvement through projects and innovation. The Supervisor will
work closely with all members of the team to ensure that production
targets are met or exceeded.
Essential Job Functions:
* Supervises overall performance within the Blades Processing Value
Stream to achieve expected standards in the areas of Safety,
Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost.
* Engage Team Leaders and team members to achieve daily assembly,
quality, and delivery targets and schedules while improving
operations processes and overall performance.
* Actively participate in Lean Manufacturing, Continuous
Improvement and Innovation training, workshops and seminars to
become proficient in all continuous improvement philosophies, tools
* Lead and drive the Continuous Improvement process throughout the
organization and act as an agent of change to develop a Continuous
Improvement (Lean) culture throughout the operations department,
mentoring and training Team Leaders and team members in the use of
Lean and continuous improvement philosophies, tools and
* Fully support and comply with all ISO Quality and Environmental
Systems and Stanley Fulfillment Systems (SFS) objectives and
* Act as an agent for Innovation Everywhere by creatively solving
operations problems and reducing overall costs and risks to the
* Leading and supervising the workforce in problem identification,
problem solving and implementing continuous improvement
* Continually reviewing and evaluating existing operating policies,
procedures, systems, schedules, equipment, etc. and overseeing the
implementation of modifications and improvements.
* Conduct daily team meetings communicating team assignments; key
metrics aligned to Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost, (SQDC) and
* Attend and host meetings and make presentations, etc. as
* Create a work environment conducive to positive and motivated
team member morale to accomplish performance objectives.
* Supervise Team Leader and team member's performance.
* Communicate with Team Leaders and support teams daily, and make
decisions on issues related to safety, quality, delivery, cost and
* Communicate daily with other shifts and peers regarding safety,
quality, delivery, cost, productivity, staffing, equipment,
continuous improvement activities.
* Be first point of contact for Team Leaders in escalation process
* Conduct periodic safety reviews and meetings for assigned
employees to promote efficient compliance with company safety
* Identify and lead new process improvement projects.
* Other duties as may be assigned for the betterment of the
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Proven ability to identify and lead new process improvement
* Two or more years of experience in a Supervisory role.
* Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor employee team members.
* Ability to lead productively in a team environment.
* Proficient in all MS Office products.
* Ability to work any shift and overtime as required.
* Ability to engage team members in lean and continuous improvement
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
* Problem Solving
* Interpersonal Skills
* Safety and Security
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status,
age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, New York , Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Kenilworth, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!