Company: New York Institute of Technology
Location: Old Westbury
Posted on: January 16, 2020
New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate,
and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study,
including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and
biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health
professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management;
communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy
and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and
nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than
9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York
City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver,
British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented
professional education, give all qualified students access to
opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the
larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network
of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve
21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
New York Insitutue of Technology Division of Campus Dining seeks a
seasonal Utiltiy worker for our Long Island (Old Westbury)
* Wash and properly store all dishes, trays, eating utensils and
small equipment for the department.
* Maintain the dish room and dish machine in a sanitary and
* Maintain equipment and utensils using cleaning and sanitizing
* Maintain daily record of sanitation solutions for dishwasher and
* Provide assistance in checking in food orders and stocking all
* Apply the rules of safety and sanitation to insure care in food
handling, in accordance with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control
Points (HACCP) policies and procedures, safety in work, and
reduction of accidents.
* Perform any or all clean-up chores as assigned by manager.
* Clean walls and floors daily.
* Take out garbage as necessary and manage the garbage area
* Manage the cleaning supply inventory; notify supervisor when
supplies are low.
* Maintain weekly cleaning of large equipment such as fryers and
* Assist with covering other utility positions in alternate areas
during vacation, sick days, etc.
* Follow weekly cleaning schedules of equipment and food service
* Other duties as assigned.
* Educational Requirements (High School or Equivalent), plus one to
two years experience in an institutional food service operation as
a utility worker or dishwasher, or a combination of education and
experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are
* HACCP and Safety and Sanitation Certification required; or must
be in the process of obtaining.
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work a flexible schedule
* Required to stand for extended periods of time and ability to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Keywords: New York Institute of Technology, New York , Utility/Dishwasher, Hospitality & Tourism , Old Westbury, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!