ShopRite - Appy/Deli Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while assisting the
Appy/Deli Manager in the daily operation in the Appy/Deli
Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing
department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient
and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to operate equipment as require by department (i.e.
slicer, scale, can-opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryolator,
cheese grater/cutter, case cutter and stove/oven).
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Use a slicing machine and related equipment.
* Replenish Appy/Deli product.
* Prepare Appy/Deli product for sale.
* Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing,
storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to
ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
* Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy
and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
* Keep manager or other designated Associates informed of low
inventory conditions or spoilage problems.
* Keep salad bowls and other displays stocked and properly turned
and faced at all times in accordance with department standards.
* Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly;
report any failure immediately.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report
any equipment problems immediately.
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Appy/Deli Department
that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
Appy/Deli Department operations.
* Operate equipment with all safeguards in place and in good
* Observe safe methods of performing all duties.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Check product received against invoice.
* Order product as instructed by the Department Manager.
* Remove trash to designated area.
* Remove cardboard to baler area and operates baler.
* Complete price changes as directed by Department Manager.
* Displays product in an attractive, appealing, and colorful
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between all of the
various types of merchandise including taste, preparation method or
use, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of
* Monitor inventory of cleaning supplies and sanitizing chemicals;
inform manager when supply levels are low in accordance with
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Appy/Deli operations.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance ShopRite Service Priorities
(Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, New York , ShopRite - Appy/Deli Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Garwood, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!