Company: Crosstown Diner
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionA new generation diner that delivers a great
tasting, fresh food dining experience is only part of what you'll
experience the next time you visit Crosstown in the Bronx. From the
moment you pass through our doors, a century of family tradition
and 50-years of delivering a fresh food dining experience embraces
From our family olive groves in Vellies, Greece to the finest
organic honey found any where in the world; for a century our
family has been producing some of the purest and most delicious
food ingredients in the world. Our cause comes from this cherished
family legacy and drives us here at Crosstown with every meal and
customer we serve.
We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and
deliver food and beverages to our customers.The right
Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are
looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and
perseverance to thrive in this role. Server responsibilities
include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed
information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house
duties and collecting the bill. To be a successful Waiter or
Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure
they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be
able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure
orders are accurate and delivered promptly. Keep in mind that
Server duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally
during weekends and holidays. Ultimately, it is the duty of our
Servers to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our
guests. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments,
we'd like to meet you.
- **DINER EXPERIENCE REQUIRED**
- Providing excellent wait service to ensure satisfaction.
- Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages.
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing
additional information with restaurant patrons.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g.
about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Inform customers about the day's specials.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering
software, order slips or by memorization.
- Check customers' IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements
for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and
report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on
the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g.
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Follow all food safety procedures.
- Courteous, professional demeanor and a team player.
- Proven work experience as a Server.
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information
- Basic math skills.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability
to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus.
Keywords: Crosstown Diner, New York , Server/Waiter/Waitress, Hospitality & Tourism , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!