Service Desk Specialist
Company: Harvey Nash USA
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Title: Service Desk SpecialistLocation: Matawan NJDuration:
Full-Time Job Description: Responsible for the timely execution,
monitoring, and verification of computer-based tasks which support
the overall operations of Client Co-operative and its member
stores. Responsible for second-level phone support of IT
point-of-sale (POS) hardware and software. Must be both technically
and customer service oriented. Ability to handle multiple calls and
situations. Able to work varying shifts including evenings and
weekends. JOB DESCRIPTION OVERALL FUNCTIONS
- Proficient in the timely and professional handling of incoming
calls to a busy service desk
- Target 90% resolution at the Service Desk for inbound incidents
- Proficient tracking of all calls via service desk software
(Service Now); ticket assignment and escalation as required
- Perform daily follow-up on open calls that do not show activity
to ensure satisfactory closure of the issue.
- Responsible for initial user account creation, permissions, and
directory updates in a multi-platform environment.
- Evaluating and prioritizing incoming telephone, voicemail, and
email requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with
hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related issues.
Ask concise and accurate questions to identify issues and provide
- Answer application questions with short training and/or -how-to
- Delegate support tasks when appropriate to third-party
- Escalate problems to the third level (when appropriate) to
obtain timely resolution.
- Monitor trouble ticket portals of third-party vendors to ensure
proactive resolution to issues.
- Participate in departmental projects and programs (which
include rollouts, upgrades, and modifications).
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure continuity of task
execution amongst current or future staff.
- Deliver administrative services to the IT department.
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation.QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE Associate degree in Management Information
Systems (MIS), Computer Science related field or minimum 2 years
experience. Certification in ITILSKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Experience in supermarket operations is a plus.
Keywords: Harvey Nash USA, New York , Service Desk Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Matawan, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!