Pine Street Restaurant Team #2
Company: DIG Chefs-In-Training
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCHEF-IN-TRAINING$17 - $19 / hour depending on
experience & MORE BENEFITS!Interested in a 4-day workweek schedule
while still getting full-time hours? This schedule is offered as an
OPTIONAL BENEFIT for those interested & will include four swing
shifts that will begin between 10 am - Noon each day and last for 9
hours and 45 minutes with a lunch breakABOUT THE ROLE:The next
generation of chefs are evolving in DIG restaurants.Our scratch
based kitchens are built around people with a true passion for real
good food. We teach individuals who are excited to share their
enthusiasm for food and transform them into skilled chefs. You will
advance and gain the ability to work with food, develop leadership
skills, and stay sharp in our fast-pace culinary environment. If
you are seeking a community where education, purpose, and taste
matter, we encourage you to join our fa(r)m.YOU WILL:
- Prep, mix, and cook vegetables, proteins, grains etc using
recipes as a guide and taste buds for validation.
- Gain exposure to different stations within the DIG kitchen
including but not limited to garde manger, grill, roast, market
line, guest concierge and delivery/packout.
- Speak to current menu offerings, seasonality, and ingredients
with guests - making their day as you provide them with a delicious
scratch-made meal (aka: marketbowl).
- Work to support the team during peak and off peak service, by
pitching in wherever and whenever necessary.
- Multi-task and move in the kitchen for extended periods of
time. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or
without reasonable accommodations.
- Help to maintain the "A" lettergrade by following Department of
Health and DIG food safety standards.
- Demonstrate professional maturity and strictly uphold DIG's
anti-discrimination & anti-harassment policies.
- Go home feeling fulfilled knowing you are a part of a bigger
mission to rebuild the food system.YOU HAVE:
- A passion for real, good food and a desire to learn culinary
practices and skills.
- The ability to demonstrate and execute a strong work
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position
(frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50
pounds). These physical requirements may be accomplished with or
without reasonable accommodations.
- The ability to perform other physical requirements such as
seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, bending, and moving
intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements
may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- A team-oriented focus. You have a deep appreciation for the
people you work with and help to support the restaurant's
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A desire to create exceptional employee & guest
- An eye for detail and solving challenges.
- A desire for growth in our brigade.WORK PERKS: Aside from the
standard job description fare (competitive pay) we also offer:
- Opportunities for GROWTH in a TEAM environment
- Competitive Pay: $17-19/hour depending on experience
- Paid Time Off
- Thanksgiving, Christmas and other Holidays Off
- Flexible Scheduling: Part Time and Full Time Hours
- Optional 4 Day Work Week Schedule with Full Time Hours
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
- Commuter BenefitsABOUT US:At Dig Food Group, we're building a
better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking and serving
delicious food everyday. Nine years in, we've grown to more than 30
fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service
restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our
own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really
cook) in our kitchens. To do this, we've built direct and real
relationships with farmers. We don't just name check them on our
menus -- we're true partners in their businesses. We focus on
farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ
and people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best
ingredients all year round and change our menu based on what is
growing in the fields.Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our
food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or
freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking
vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of
chefs and cooks from the ground up, including many who have never
worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills. We're
not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our
business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving,
our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That
means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone
can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together. DIG believes
in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are
committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse
candidates encouraged to applyAdditional Role Note: The duties of
this position may change from time to time. DIG reserves the right
to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of
Dig or its managers. This job description is intended to describe
the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be
all-inclusive.DIG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ancestry, creed,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding or related condition, unemployment status, gender
identity or expression, transgender status or gender dysphoria,
marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking
victim status, national origin, citizenship, disability, covered
veteran and/or military status, genetic information or predisposing
genetic characteristic, familial status as that term is described
under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership
status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human
Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other
protected status or any other characteristic as protected under
applicable federal, state and local law ("Protected Status").
Keywords: DIG Chefs-In-Training, New York , Pine Street Restaurant Team #2, Hospitality & Tourism , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!