Bartender - Vernika
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionFotografiskaAnything but an ordinary museum, in
2010 Fotografiska was founded in Stockholm and in late 2019 opened
its newest outpost in a treasured, historic landmark building in
NYCs Flatiron District. The iconic NYC and Stockholm locations are
complemented by expansion in Tallinn, and a forthcoming Berlin
Museum set to open in 2022. Fotografiskas goals are simple: to
inspire a more conscious world through the power of photography, to
bring people together, raise awareness and create positive change.
The Museum showcases the greatest photographers, whether they are
emerging artists or already established internationally.Vernika -
Fotografiska New YorkA gracious bohemian throwback to the 1970s -
80s era of storytelling, art, photography, and rock n roll.On the
expanse of the second floor of Fotografiska New York, climb the
grandiose staircase and enter a hidden den brought alive with
layers of velvet, burning candles, greenery and music. Bar Vernika
is the enclave to enjoy a martini and crispy oyster bite in the
salon, before dining in the restaurant. Beyond the Bar, lies
Vernika, an elegant brasserie paying homage to traditional
restaurant theatre, with an eye for fresh and innovative dishes
crafted with a light touch. A blend of high flavor table side
service, sustainably sourced ingredients and a third act of sweet
indulgence. A clear and concise by the glass list marries with old
and new world method wines by the bottle, magnum and jeroboam.The
RoleThe Vernika Bartender executes an innovative world-class
beverage program to complement the Veronika Restaurant & Bar
operations at Fotografiska New York. Reporting into the Vernika Bar
Manager and Vernika General Manager, the role oversees all aspects
of the bar operations, consistently instilling and delivering
service excellence, with a goal of developing rapport with our
members and guests. Our Bartenders represent Vernika Restaurant &
Bar with hospitality and generosity in every interaction with our
Members and Guests. Our Bartender's should expect to manage through
ambiguity and will need to be ready to support all Fotografiska
departments in meeting the needs of the museum.Requirements
- 4+ years experience leading the bar program for high-end,
highly visible entertainment entities.
- The capacity to work within an ever-changing environment,
assisting to develop operating procedures as the business dictates
and the willingness to support in other areas as required to
maintain the integrity of the Vernika Bar & Restaurant
- An advocate and ambassador of service excellence that
understands the critical role that exceeding and maintaining
service expectations plays in the success of building F+B
- Supply expert knowledge of wine and spirits and ensure the
quality of all beverage items, ingredients, and preparation methods
while following and keeping to all local, state, and federal laws
relating to alcohol service and consumption.
- Manage and oversee daily planning and upkeep of the beverage
program to ensure an integrated, efficient, and profitable
- Multitask a workflow of warm and humble greetings, cocktail
building, food and wine service and operational discretion whilst
providing a seamless experience for our members and guests.
- Attention to detail across all aspects of bar maintenance in
terms of opening, closing, daily / weekly and monthly check list
completion and bar equipment upkeep.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of beverage and bar food
menus with the ability to articulate to members and guests in an
engaged, knowledgable and thoughtful manner.
- Proficient use of POS for ordering and billing purposes.
Thorough understanding of payment process standard operating
- Precise execution of the Vernika Sequence of Service, in a
timely and accurate manner with the goal of creating memorable
- Clear communication with servers on orders to ensure the
delivery of drinks are in a timely manner, and alerting the Bar
Management when running low on any particular item's.
- Impeccable customer service by responding promptly to
member/guest needs and soliciting feedback to the Leadership teams
to improve service execution.
- Attend regular operational meetings and team trainings to
ensure ongoing menu knowledge growth and effective coordination and
cooperation between departments.
- Competency in conversing with members and guests regarding
Fotografiska and our various programs and amenities.
- Implement effective policies to ensure that overall bar
cleanliness meets State Health Code Standards, with the expectation
of passing a Grade A.
- Knowledge of craft and classiccocktailsalong with strong old
world/new world wines.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 10lbs, frequently lift/move up
to 25lbs and occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and possess Food Handlers
certification.COVID19: The health and well-being of our members and
staff has been our number one priority and the guiding force behind
all our decisions as we open our doors. We encourage you to learn
more about our commitment to safety by reading the steps we have
taken to ensure that all Members and teams feel safe, comfortable,
and secure, going forward on our website.Diversity &
Representation: Fotografiska is committed to building and
supporting diverse and representative communities, long-term career
opportunities and extends Equal Employment Opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status,
genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.Benefits
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family + Caregiver Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
Keywords: Fotografiska, New York , Bartender - Vernika, Hospitality & Tourism , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!