Restaurant Experience Designer
Company: Dig Inn
Location: New York
Posted on: September 25, 2022
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Restaurant Experience Designer at DIG is responsible for
bringing DIG's personality to life through our restaurants. In
collaboration with our Director of Development and our Founder, you
will ideate and implement our design strategies, through visual
storytelling around all things culinary, people and beyond. The
Restaurant Experience Designer has an innate sense of design, and
will create beautiful and functional spaces for our guests to enjoy
and our chefs to operate. You have a knack for operational
excellence and also view things through a practical lens to ensure
what we select for our restaurants works for our customers,
internally and externally. You will actively be involved with
projects ranging from new restaurant openings, new concept design
and renovations. You will work closely with the Real Estate,
Development/Construction, Operations, Strategy and Marketing teams
playing a key role in the design and construction process from
conception to completion. We are looking for a true team player
with a sense of ownership to help us build the future of DIG
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The Restaurant Experience Designer Role sits on the larger ReDev
team [Real Estate & Development] and reports to our Director of
Development. The ReDev team thrives at the intersection of form and
function, working translating the brand to physical spaces as well
as creative and construction projects. We're in tune with how
guests interact with our restaurants and food-whether that's
kitchen and dining room design, brand partnership, orsignage and
storefront design. We've focused on creating an exciting restaurant
scene, a passion for food, and a keen eye for design.
- Work with our Founder and Redev team to design & remodel DIGs
to tell a cohesive story and provide a consistent experience for
existing & new restaurants/ formats.
- Execute design requests from our current restaurants.
- Conduct testfits upon the identification of sites.
- Build and track procurement lists and manage against project
- Review architectural plans and communicate edits to architects
and project managers.
- Liaise with our architects to relay design updates and
- Create shop drawings for custom fixtures.
- Oversee custom orders, working directly with vendors including
furniture, signage, and fixtures.
- Assist with sourcing, production, and installation of decor,
finishes and signage.
- Manage and update samples library, design guidelines, and
- Serve as a hands-on team player. The Restaurant Experience
Designer will be onsite to oversee the execution of GCs and
- Exemplify a true sense of ownership over your work. This role
understands that the execution of a design and how it comes to life
experience wise is just as important as the image on the page.
Ownership extends to the final product.
- A background and strong results in graphic design, art, or
architecture and a portfolio to match.
- Proficiency in Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator,
InDesign), Google Sketchup, CAD or other rendering software is a
- A passion for food, restaurant design trends, the broader
hospitality industry, and DIG's mission.
- Experience working with, sourcing and managing vendors, files,
- Top-notch organizational skills-every project has a task list
and schedule, and requires coordination.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and get dirty,
including painting, trekking, and assembling, anything that comes
- Ability to react quickly-every project has a fluid schedule and
is full of unforeseen challenges.
- Excellent communication skills-you'll stay on top of messages,
juggle multiple project threads, and close the loop
- The ability to learn fast and make changes- every project gains
direction from other stakeholders. You welcome their input and move
WORK PERKS: Aside from your the standard job description fare
(competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Bonus Potential
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, we're building a better food system for everyone
by sourcing, cooking and serving delicious food everyday. Nine
years in, we've grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants,
opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered
with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of
people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, we've built direct and real relationships with farmers.
We don't just name check them on our menus -- we're true partners
in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent,
first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ and people of color. These
relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round
and change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our food is cooked on
site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an
entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day.
This requires training a whole generation of chefs and cooks from
the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant
before. Knife skills are life skills.
We're not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our
business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving,
our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That
means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone
can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people
together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive
team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply
Keywords: Dig Inn, New York , Restaurant Experience Designer, Hospitality & Tourism , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!