Company: The Mark Hotel
Location: New York
Posted on: January 27, 2023
$28 to $30 per hourJob Description:
- Follow payroll and key procedures.
- Collect room and floor status report sheets for assigned work
areas and assign rooms to Housekeepers as needed.
- Train housekeeping employees to achieve the standards of
cleanliness in guest rooms.
- Make recommendations and follow through on disciplinary action
for assigned staff.
- Provide exceptional guest service.
- Inspect guest rooms, including VIP, vacant, occupied and
check-out rooms, to ensure the standards are being achieved by each
- Monitor the performance of floor house persons so there are
sufficient supplies on the guest floor and the hallways,
stairwells, elevator, service area, and guest room doors, tracks
linen closets and armoires are maintained according to
- Interpret all departmental policies, procedures and established
- Coordinate work orders in assigned areas and follow up on
- Monitor and direct progress of housekeepers and house persons
in rooms that are undergoing deep cleaning.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Make surefloor storage areas and closets are kept in an orderly
and clean fashion.
- The ability to inspect armoires to ensure all items are stocked
in an orderly fashion and in sufficient quantities.
- Handle all lost and found items according to the
procedure.Requirements: The ideal candidate for this job should
- 2 years housekeeping in a luxury hotel.
- A strong understanding of operational controls, budgeting,
forecasting, and scheduling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to train and develop team members.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills.
- Experience working in a union environment.
Keywords: The Mark Hotel, New York , Housekeeping Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!