Pastry Demi Chef de Partie
Company: Rainbow Room
Location: New York
Posted on: February 12, 2024
The Rainbow Room, the quintessential New York venue, has been the
site of some of the city's most celebrated events since first
opening in 1934.
We are seeking skilled, passionate professionals who take great
pride in delivering unparalleled experiences and who value
teamwork, integrity and professional development in a spectacular,
The Chef de Partie Pastry at The Rainbow Room is responsible for
ensuring the highest quality and standard is applied to when
coordinating or preparing food.
- Responsible for ensuring that the exemplary culinary standards
of the Rainbow Room are met and for upholding our commitment to
superior cuisine and hospitality.
- Oversees the proper handling and storage of all food items in
accordance with health department and property standards.
- Must be very knowledgeable of pastry, as well as all basic
culinary functions and stations within the operation.
- Responsible for all desserts and pastry items that are prepared
and served in their assigned section.
- Oversees Rainbow Room's kitchens and assume responsibility for
their station as well as other areas of the kitchen in a manager's
- Must be able to give orders and direction within their section,
as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the
Sous Chef and other members of the Culinary Management Team.
- Able to organize a section in the absence of the Chef de Partie
and lead Commis or Apprentices in all areas of execution including
preparation, plating, planning and organization.
- In Chef de Parties absence Ensure all recipes are followed and
continually updated to ensure that the cuisines standards of
consistency are met and maintained. All items are constantly
checked for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Assist in assigning specific duties to all chefs under
supervision and instruct them in their work.
- Verify that all dishes are uniform and that established portion
sizes are adhered to as per the specifications set out by the
Executive Chef and all other members of the Culinary
- Ensure that the daily prep lists are completed for their
section and correct handover sheets are left for colleagues running
section in absence.
- Ensure that station is fully set with the specific equipment
prior to preparation.
- Must check all food items ordered for a specific station upon
arrival and report any challenges to Culinary Management.
- Put deliveries and dry goods away, as well as clean work
- Ensure the BEO`s are checked daily and concerns are
communicated to Culinary Management.
- Complete all food orders with the Sous Chefs and all other
members of the Culinary Management for specific station assigned
to, complying with the specific order days.
- Required to demonstrate advanced knife skills and cutting
methods for vegetables, herbs, fruits, potatoes, etc.
- Must assure that all areas within the station designation are
checked, organized and cleaned before, during and after
- Ensure that all cooks are working according to Rainbow Room
Health and Safety Protocol and comply with HACCP standards.
- Ensure the highest level of food safety management is complied
with including all DOH requirements and HACCP are followed.
- Ensure that spoiled or damaged serving utensils are not into
use, particularly cracked or chipped china and glassware, bringing
notice of any non-usable products to the Stewarding Managers.
- Advanced working knowledge of mathematical skills necessary to
understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion
- Ensure all Rainbow Room records, logs and checklists are
completed and submitted on time.
- Assist in managing food production, wastage, planning and food
- Responsible for breaking down all stations, ensuring the proper
storage of product, and performing any general cleaning tasks using
Rainbow Room's standard cleaning product as assigned to adhere to
health standards at the end of every shift.
- Must work very closely with the Stewarding Team to keep the
kitchen clean at all times.
- Clean and maintain all equipment within the food production
area, and notify Culinary Management Team of any maintenance or
equipment challenges, making every attempt to prevent the
damage/loss of any property.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as clean up, execution
of service or special guest requests and cross-training.
- Attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is
- As outlined in the Associate Handbook, regular attendance and
punctuality is essential to the successful performance of this
position. Associates with irregular time and attendance will be
subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of
- Due to the cyclical nature of the service industry, associates
may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business
- All associates are required to fully comply with Rainbow Room's
rules and regulations, which may be established from time to time,
for the safe and effective operation. Associates who violate
Rainbow Room rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary
action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Associates are expected to perform additional duties as
necessary and assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
The individual must possess the above knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prior experience as a Pastry Cook in a high volume
establishment is required.
- Prior experience in the hotel/restaurant/catering industry in a
similar is strongly preferred.
- Must adhere to all company specific safety policies.
- Be able to understand and communicate in English, both verbally
and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with other team members.
- Able to take direction and constructive feedback from
- Must have open availability including early mornings, late
nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain a positive attitude in the work environment.
- Highest level of professionalism.
Other things to consider....
- A significant portion of the work day requires walking and
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other locations of the restaurant on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a
regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs. occasionally
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- While performing the essential duties of this job the employee
is frequently required to work in a limited physical space with
variable atmospheric conditions including ventilation, lighting,
smoke and extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to work in an area where the noise level is
usually moderate to loud.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
- Must be able to follow uniform and grooming guidelines.
- Must be able to follow all other policies implemented by
The above information is general in nature and level of work
expected; it is not intended to be interpreted as an inclusive list
of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of
employees assigned to this role.
- The base compensation for this role is $25.68 per hour.
The Rainbow Room is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall treat
all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related
qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual
orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, national
origin, disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected
New York, New York, United States
Keywords: Rainbow Room, New York , Pastry Demi Chef de Partie, Hospitality & Tourism , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!