Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.CASHIERJob SummaryProcesses Member
purchases in a courteous and friendly manner, including verifying,
renewing, upgrading and offering several types of membership
products, scanning merchandise, and accepting various forms of
payments. Provides excellent member service in an efficient and
productive manner. Maintains the overall cleanliness of the
front-line department.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Exhibits clear understanding of all BJ's Membership options,
Including the importance of renewals, upgrading to our BJs perks
- Offer all appropriate membership products such as membership
renewal, EASY renewal option, My BJs Perks programs and awards
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Checks
Members out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Scans all club merchandise through a point-of-sale system to
ensure accurate inventory counts and accurate purchase totals for
Members. Packages shopping carts when necessary.
- Collects payments via cash, check, or other charge payments
- Issues receipts, or change due to Members.
- Stays up-to-date on all merchandise promotions, advertisements,
and product information. Discounts purchases by scanning and
- Maintains the cleanliness of the frontline area. Assists in
general club housekeeping when necessary.
- Returns re-sellable merchandise to the sales floor area.
- Manages self-checkout and scan and pan lanes. Assists Members
with operations and technical difficulties.
- Required to meet cashier productivity expectations.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Basic math skills preferred.
- Prior cashier or sales experience preferred.Environmental Job
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure
to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a
policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team
members and applicants for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national
origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information,
atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status,
pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., New York , Cashier Job, Hospitality & Tourism , Edison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!