Company: Renaissance Westchester
Location: White Plains
Posted on: August 23, 2019
Highgate Hotels Highgate is a premier real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway
markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European
markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and
Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an
aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in
cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through
all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and
development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also
has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands
and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools
that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out
performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team
consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel
management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Location The Renaissance Westchester is modern, newly renovated
hotel that offers a retreat-like setting, located one hour North of
Manhattan. Nestled on 30 acres of scenic countryside in West
Harrison, New York, the hotel offers a comfortable and relaxing
oasis just a short distance from the hustle and bustle of New York
City. The hotel recently completed a $12 million dollar guestroom,
front desk, lobby and restaurant revitalization project and offers
348 guestrooms (including 7 suites) with plush bedding and upscale
amenities. Employment Status Full-Time Overview The Cook at the
Renaissance Westchester Hotel is responsible for preparing all food
items, based on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room
Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the
highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product.
He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation
and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and
maximizing cost/production ratio. Responsibilities
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the
opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served
promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and
dairy and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of
proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following
specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as
specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation
of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards
to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen
- Maintain a "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Culinary experience required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required,
according to hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling,
poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
Keywords: Renaissance Westchester, New York , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!