Company: Highgate Hotels, LP
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Reservations Manager is responsible for maximizing Rooms
revenue through management of the hotel s room inventory, and for
assisting in managing of the day-to-day activities and duties of
the Reservations Department.
* Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Monitor selling status of house daily, such as: flash report,
* Attend daily and weekly Revenue Strategy meetings.
* Follows the Revenue Strategy program according to SOP.
* Review arrivals report and daily flash report to ensure
* Be completely competent in all PMS functions used by
* Monitor competitors for occupancy and rate, and recommend changes
based on findings.
* Be knowledgeable on property information (outlets, hours of
operation, etc.) and ensure the staff is trained to communicate
hotel information to callers.
* Comply with hotel policies on billing, routing, master accounts,
A/R accounts and PM accounts.
* Ensure timely processing of travel agent checks.
* Control suite inventory.
* Maintain rate integrity program.
* Make weekly test calls according to hotel standards.
* Be knowledgeable about the uses and functions of, GDS FTCRS and
* Ensure that Forecast is completed on a timely basis, according to
* Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
* Assist in preparation of monthly revenue and occupancy
* Know the hotel s rate quoting standards.
* Complete weekly work schedule for reservation sales agents
according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and
* Process/correct daily payroll sheets.
* Follow and enforce all hotel credit policies.
* Understand and follow Revenue Strategy restrictions.
* Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs such as airline
mileage, Triple Upgrade, or VIP programs, and the standards and
procedures for each. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable in
understanding and implementing corporate programs.
* Update group information daily. Maintain and be familiar with
future group blocks.
* Communicate availability/close outs to wholesalers.
* Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
* Maintain required pars of all Reservations and stationary
* Review Reservations log book and Guest Request log on a daily
* Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with
documentation of reservations, reports, restrictions, etc.
* A 4-year college degree; or a 2-year college degree and at least
1 year of related experience; or at least two to three years of
experience in a hotel or related field required.
* Previous management experience preferred.
* Must be proficient in Windows and company approved spreadsheets
and word processing.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal
employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an
applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any
other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will
provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to
participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test
or job interview) if so requested.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, LP, New York , Reservations Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!