Executive Chef - Stella 34
Company: Delaware North
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment With sixth-floor views of the Empire
State building and three wood-burning ovens, Stella 34 Trattoria is
a modern Italian trattoria and the dining star of Macy's flagship
- Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to any
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and
standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all
chefs are following these standards.
- Ensure kitchen operations can run smoothly and efficiently in
- Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary
allotments for all menu items.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe
quality of food preparation and service, food appearance,
cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas,
equipment, and employee appearance - in accordance with Health
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth
progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company
- Assist and support in new unit openings
- Have a superior knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor
tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost
management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination
- Minimum 4 years' experience as an Executive Chef in respected
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Servsafe & Food Safety Handler required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working
with and an understanding of P&L's and budgeting.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill
to create exciting new dishes.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and
holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs
(especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate
point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating
systems (i.e. online or digital reservation systems). Equal
Employment Opportunity Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and
its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin,
age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or
any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
opportunity employer. Who We Are Take your career beyond the
ordinary-to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and
Keywords: Delaware North, New York , Executive Chef - Stella 34, Hospitality & Tourism , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!