Jr. Recruiting Specialist
Company: Sheltering Arms
Location: New York
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the
education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children,
adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve
nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway.
Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our
community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the
greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an
opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues
who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together
to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role
at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement
and development so that team members can achieve their professional
goals while helping others reach for theirs. Job Summary: The Jr.
Recruiting Specialist is responsible for the full life-cycle
recruiting, screening, and recommending placement of candidates by
using creative sourcing methods (internal and external). Essential
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person)
using behavioral and competency based questions.
- Utilizes Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to identify and track
candidates for open positions.
- Develop and maintain all job descriptions and job postings;
maintains knowledge of position requirements.
- Completes all administrative tasks related to role, such as
drafting offer letters, updating organizational chart, managing
applications/resume file, etc.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career
fairs, job fairs, community network events, open houses etc., to
identify and attract quality candidates.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate
relationships during the selection process.
- Provide administrative support as directed (faxing, filing,
scanning, phones, etc)
- Actively follow up and audit all employee files to ensure that
all are complete and compliant based on state and agency
- Maintains professionalism and engages in respectful behavior in
the workplace across all levels of interactions.
- Serves as a support to the Recruiting Specialist and Onboarding
- All other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of Human Resources or full-cycle Recruiting
- Experience with recruitments systems, Google Apps, MS Suite,
and HRIS preferred.
- Strong customer services and communication skills.
- Must be articulate, professional, competent, and a team
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the
job. I consent to be contacted over SMS/Text for this job.
Keywords: Sheltering Arms, New York , Jr. Recruiting Specialist, Human Resources , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!