Trainer - NYC
Company: Acuity International
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging
our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have
career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a
unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today!
To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below
to find your next career!The Lead Trainer facilitates a
comprehensive training program for newly hired personnel, including
program leadership, in accordance with Corporate, agency policies
and procedures and federal and state standards and requirements.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established
standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable
professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard
for which Acuity is recognized.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- 2 years training experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Read, Write, Speak)
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized
and have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well
as with MS Office products required
- Knowledge of lesson plan development and implementation
- Have classroom management skills
- Ability to work weekends
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment
- Clean criminal background checkPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year of management experience
- Previous ICE or ORR Shelter experience DUTIES AND
- Ensures training services are aligned with site needs
- Establish and implement a training strategy and goals for the
- Develop and continually update program training manuals and
- Occasional travel from one location to another within the
- Track training effectiveness and create program development
plans with program leadership
- Ensure all personnel are effectively trained to successfully
implement all program service requirements, both as new hires and
- Meet all deadlines required by program supervisor and federal
- Independently develop effective social work, safety, and other
program-related training materials which can be reviewed, approved,
and implemented with minimal revision
- Develop, maintain and distribute a staff training calendar that
provides staff numerous opportunities for development including
evening and overnight shifts
- Maintain a staff training database that provides monthly and
quarterly reports related to training and the impact of training on
program practices and outcomes
- Maintain program personnel training records and training
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or requested by
- Participate in scheduled meetings and team decisions and
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the client population
and program operations
- Maintain professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined
in employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency
staff, the client population, and community members and complying
with required dress code at all times
- Other duties as assigned by supervisorOTHER DUTIES:
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training and
- Ensures the safety and security of all UAC and the safe
operating conditions within area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to
ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other
mandated regulations/standards.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Visual acuity required to complete paperwork and computer
- Able to communicate verbally and to respond students and staff
conversationsAcuity International is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability
status.For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with
this job posting is:Acuity-CHS, LLC
Keywords: Acuity International, New York , Trainer - NYC, Human Resources , Sunnyside, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...