Director of Human Resources
Company: Park Central Hotel
Location: New York
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Midtown convenience. Classic hospitality. Complete comfort. A
celebrated past. It all comes together at the Park Central New York
Hotel - located squarely amidst New York's most popular sights and
hotels in Midtown Manhattan. Our mix of exciting amenities pay
homage to our glamorous past, while presenting a modern spin on the
hotel's electrifying environment. Guests will delight in escaping
the hectic city life to bask in the stylish Park Central New
Director of Human Resources is responsible for assisting the Area
Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human Resources
functions. He/she is also responsible for filling all hourly
positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of
paperwork, and the understanding and enforcement of company
policies. This position will focus on recruitment for a 4 & 5 Star
Luxury hotel and labor relations matters related to the unions.
- Assist in labor relations matters. Conduct meetings with staff
- Recruit high volume of staff for opening year.
- Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing totals, explain
benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer
- Compile review list and distribute to departments.
- Compile Turnover Report, copy and distribute.
- Enter payroll information on computer (wage information,
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment
- Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion
- Audit hours worked in payroll reports for eligibility of
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Monitor Workman's Compensation claims, complete First Report of
Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury.
- Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and benefits
(insured and noninsured).
- Maintain complimentary room night log, process employee
- Prepare and place recruitment advertising.
- Process paperwork for terminating employees.
- Schedule Orientation.
- Assist in Orientation - explain benefits, conduct tour of
- Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
- Assist with special projects; plan employee events (meetings,
- Maintain First Aid log.
- Salary Range: $100,000-$160,000
Keywords: Park Central Hotel, New York , Director of Human Resources, Human Resources , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!