Company: Sky Materials Corp
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Job DescriptionJob Description: Payroll SpecialistJob Purpose:Pays employees and compiles payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records.
Duties:* Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
* Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
* Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
* Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
* Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
* Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
* Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
* Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications:Managing Processes, People Management, Data Entry Management, Reporting Skills, Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Worker Compensation, Employment Law, Developing Standards, Financial Skills, AccountingCompany DescriptionGrowing Construction contracting company.
Keywords: Sky Materials Corp, New York, Payroll Specialist, Human Resources, Maspeth, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!