Company: Northwell Health
Location: New Hyde Park
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Job DescriptionAs a Human Resource Manager, you will deliver
strategic HR expertise and coordinate and communicate HR
initiatives occurring within the site departments. You will foster
relationships with department heads, counsel department heads on
issues relevant to their employees, as well as interpreting HR
policies to employees. In this role, you will educate departments
on processes and procedures and support delivery of employee forms
to increase employee satisfaction.
Responsibilities Include:1. Provides generalist support with
limited direction from HR Leadership; interprets, communicates &
implements HR policies and procedures for site; answers general
employee questions with regard to benefits, process and procedures;
acts as facility point person for employee activities; facilitates
interviews between talent acquisition and facility Department
Heads; coordinates and transmits employee file review requests
2. Links and executes Human Resources policies and procedures
supporting HR strategies
3. Coordinates facility employee activities such as dinners, blood
drives, picnics, adopt a family; and drive them to successful
closure by providing on-site activity support and post-activity
4. Ensures that departments are aware of existing corporate
5. Assists in gathering data to ensure site compliance in various
areas, i.e., JCAHO, Performance Management, Corporate Compliance,
Succession Planning, etc.
6. In union facilities:-- Prepares documentation for and
participates in arbitration hearings and contract negotiations.
-- Recommends strategies for strike planning and preventative labor
-- Prepares statistical reports using records of actions taken
concerning grievances, arbitration and mediation cases, and related
labor relations activities, to identify problem areas.
-- Monitors implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and
working conditions, to ensure compliance with terms of labor
-- Furnishes information, such as reference documents and
statistical data concerning labor legislation, labor market
conditions, prevailing union and management practices, for use in
review of current contract provisions and proposed changes.
-- Advises managers with the interpretation of policies and
mediates with employees and union representatives, identifying
legal issues for referral to legal counsel.
7. Supports the development of labor relations strategies, programs
8. Investigates employee grievances, claims of violations of
facility policies and procedures.
9. Collects and distributes Human Resource forms, evaluations, etc.
to and from the Facility and Human Resources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration
or related field, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years Human Resource generalist experience,
preferably in the health care industry, required. Experience
interacting with all levels of management/staff and across company
- Solid understanding of labor laws (EEOC, FLSA, FMLA, ADA) and
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and
presentation skills, required.
- Proficient PC skills required; PeopleSoft experience
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Mgr HR, Human Resources , New Hyde Park, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!