Location: New York
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon Is Looking For An HR Advisor
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results
for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as
part of our Human Resources team in our New York office. You ll
join a team of HR professionals partnering with our Commercial Risk
and Health Solutions businesses.
Your Impact As An HR Advisor
Senior HR Consultant and Business Partner
* Creates trusted relationships with leaders
* Demonstrates an understanding of Aon's overall business model and
how to consult to HR programs within the context of results and
* Creates cohesive and effective partnerships with aligned HR
Functional Leaders in support of business.
HR Portfolio and Project Manager
Develops a broad understanding of all Aon HR Programs and is
responsible for execution of all major HR initiatives within
aligned business group on both an annual and ad-hoc basis.
Specifically, this includes:
* Annual Pay Review Cycle(s)
* Performance Planning Process
* Global Talent Management Review
* Promotion Process and Review
* Annual Engagement Analysis and Review
* Implementation of any new or updated HR initiative
* Workforce Planning Initiatives
* Liaison between Business and HR Connect
Optimize Compensation Investment
* Maintain SIB (salary, incentive and benefits) discipline,
collaborating with Compensation and Finance and leading and
counseling management to ensure that compensation and staffing
decisions, including budgeting, requisitions, hires, rewards,
salary increases, job leveling, salary ranges, and incentive
programs are aligned with the business s strategy and financial
standing and budget.
Build and Develop Organizational Capabilities (Talent
* Partners with business leaders in support of development and
retention efforts to ensure we have the capability to maintain and
grow our business.
* Works with leaders to ensure performance management is being
effectively employed in support of our high-performance
* Partners with Talent Acquisition and business to assess needs and
workforce planning strategies.
* Partners with the Global Talent Team on initiatives supporting
Manager and Leadership Development
* Help to deepen cross cultural competence in Leaders and their
groups through support of training efforts and diversity councils,
as well as through the consideration of cross cultural impact to
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Formal education & certification qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree
* PHR or SPHR a plus
* MBA or MS in Human Resources a plus
Knowledge & Experience:
* 5+ years professional HR experience (experience in generalist,
specialist, and client-facing roles preferred) in a corporate
* Possess strong financial and business acumen including budgeting,
forecasting, and expense control.
* Proficient in MS Office, with particular expertise in Excel, and
proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
* Ability to consult to the entire HR Portfolio with an integrated
* Demonstrated relationship management skills at all levels of the
* Experience managing complex HR and financial projects
* Ability to consult on application of policy and process as well
as trends, themes, and solutions
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills, especially with
senior level leaders
* Knowledge and experience using Workday (desirable but not
* Ability to facilitate training sessions virtually and in person
for both managerial and leadership audiences
* Ability to build cost/benefit analysis to justify investment in
HR and people strategies
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner
status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an
affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Aon, New York , HR Advisor, Human Resources , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!