Principal Software Engineer, Backend (Identity)
Location: New York
Posted on: December 5, 2019
LiveRamp is an Identity technology company based in downtown San
Francisco with a growing office in New York City (right on Fifth
Avenue next to Union Square).
We on the Identity Engineering team maintain the graph processing
engine that connects the billions of different identifiers for
consumers and the devices they use online. Help us process this
trillion edge graph as quickly and efficiently as possible.You will
get to work on projects such as:
- Pregel Path Computer: This system finds relevant graph paths
using the pregel graph computation framework as implemented in
- Edge Ingestion and Partitioning Framework: We could never
process all trillion edges at once and luckily we don't have to.
Instead we process subgraphs that contain specific types of edges.
Our edge ingestion and partitioning leverages LiveRamp's Seek MSJ
framework to efficiently incorporate new data into existing edge
- Path Computation as a Service: We provide a service to other
LiveRamp engineering teams for finding specific types of paths
within our massive graph. It handles 20,000 requests a day and this
is possible due to its use of caching and intelligently batching
similar request together.
- We find feedback to be important in helping us grow as
individuals and as a team; we're always looking for chances to
kindly share positive and constructive feedback and we aim to
accept feedback with grace.
- We follow a Scrum-based DevOps model with a few guiding
- Continuously improve processes
- Minimize barriers to development
- Control our contribution end-to-end from hardware to service
- We develop in Java and Golang and also use Terraform,
Kubernetes, Hadoop, Giraph, and Spark. We will use new technologies
and languages if they help us better solve a problem.
- We currently use a 79,800 core cluster with 90 PB of disk space
and 256 TB of RAM (shared across all of LiveRamp data engineering)
to power our systems. Soon all of this will be on GCP.
- Have 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production
- Have a passion for building large-scale distributed systems and
are comfortable writing high performance code.
- You love mentoring junior engineers and deploying best
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, and
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with modern datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra,
Riak, Azure Cosmos DB, Aerospike.
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm,
- Experience with Search indexing such as Lucene, Solr, Nutch,
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and
infrastructure for large volume services and APIs.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people
who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping
trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive
health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k
- Location. Work in the heart of New York City and take advantage
of our commuter benefits.
More about us:LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping
the world's largest brands use their data to improve customer
interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending
technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and
constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could
continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough
to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp
employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
(AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting,
hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or
the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color,
sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected
status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
will be considered for the position in accordance with the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: LiveRamp, New York , Principal Software Engineer, Backend (Identity), IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!