Design Technology Specialist & Developer
Company: HOK Group, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2020
We are currently seeking a Design Technology Specialist to join our
team. As a Design Technology Specialist, you will be responsible
for supporting project teams through application of expert Revit
knowledge and other buildingSMART techniques. Specialized
responsibilities per department assignment are listed in the
* Provides expertise and/or advisement to project teams for
implementation of Revit and buildingSMART techniques.
* Provides feedback on project-based activities to the firm-wide
* Supports the development of HOK BIM standards and content for
* Can be a resource and team member in all phases of projects.
* Maintains current knowledge of design software, industry
developments in integrated practice, and other applicable
* Acts as leader and mentor by coaching and motivating project team
members in the use of advanced Revit technologies.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace
through sustainable work practices.
* Utilizes specialist knowledge to conduct complex modeling, data
management, analysis and/or optimization for architectural designs
such as building massing or exterior enclosures.
* Provides specialized design analyses such as pedestrian/egress
simulation, sustainable design analysis, or code compliance
* Advanced knowledge in building information modeling programs and
* Expertise in Revit and other BIM tools required.
* Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel required.
* Knowledge about sustainability, integrated design, and LEED
* Experience with programming/scripting languages such as: C#,
Java, VBA, Python preferred
* Ability to effectively meet and accommodate deadlines on multiple
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
and provide timely feedback and guidance to the Design Team.
* Experience with modeling applications preferred: Rhino,
Grasshopper, Solidworks, Catia, Digital Project, Massmotion,
* Bachelor s degree in architecture, engineering, or a related
* Minimum of one year specialist knowledge of software development
for building architectural applications.
* Minimum of one year of discipline-specific modeling experience
working on one or more of the following building types: commercial,
corporate, institutional/civic, justice, science/technology,
aviation, or healthcare.
* Engineer in Training (EIT) or PE preferred, if applicable.
* Experience working and coordinating with integrated teams.
* LEED credential required within 6 months.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age,
genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected
veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or
New York, New York, United States
Keywords: HOK Group, Inc., New York , Design Technology Specialist & Developer, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!