Financial Systems Programmer/Application Developer
Company: Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
Location: New York
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Financial Systems Programmer/Application Developer will assist
with the general application and database maintenance of the Firm's
various accounting systems. They will provide support to the lead
technical resource on implementations and upgrades related to the
firm's accounting and finance software platform. The
Programmer/Application Developer will also be the lead contact for
all change management / user & vendor access requests /
* Assist with technical application support on all financial
* Assist with all software implementations / upgrades as they
relate to Accounting & Finance.
* Provide maintenance and support for all integrations to the main
accounting system (Enterprise / 3E).
* Serve as lead point of contact with IT for Milbank's Change
Management process, including all vendor / user access requests and
* Develop and implement tools for dissemination of Financial
information to the firm via reports, inquiries and dashboards
(utilizing SQL, OQL, Power BI and other ad hoc reporting
solutions). Create complex stored procedures, views, etc. based on
* Assist with the support and development of the firm's business
intelligence data warehouse(s).
* Resolve application problems and technical issues with all
finance systems vendors.
* Provide on-going support to the users of all finance systems.
* Work with Accounting and Financial Systems team members to gather
business requirements and translate them into technical
* Assist IT with Finance server and database maintenance, as
* Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
* A Bachelor s degree (Information Systems preferred) is required
with 5+ years relevant experience, ideally obtained in a law-firm
* Extensive knowledge of the features, functionality and operations
of Elite 3E and all other applications that interface with the
firm's accounting systems.
* Strong SQL and OQL querying skills required.
* Report and workflow writing skills utilizing SSRS, Power BI, 3E
Integrated Development Environment (IDE), HTML 5. Furthermore,
experience using source control is a plus.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge and experience of ETL tools (Integration Builder,
* Experience in SharePoint site development.
* Experience in updating / creating solutions in Elite Design
Gallery is a plus.
Milbank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which
includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities. We value diversity and are firmly
committed to a policy of non-discrimination, on the basis of actual
or perceived age, race, color, religion, disability, marital
status, pregnancy, national origin and citizenship, gender, gender
identity and expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, creed,
genetic predisposition, carrier status or any other classification
protected by law. Our policy of equal opportunity applies to
recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, and all
other terms of employment.
Keywords: Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, New York , Financial Systems Programmer/Application Developer, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!