Director Of Software Development
Company: Smith Arnold Partners
Posted on: January 15, 2021
For this and other similar jobs, go to www.smitharnold.com
A highly successful, stable and rapidly growing technology company
that provides revenue cycle solutions for the healthcare industry
utilizing cutting edge analytics is expanding their Software
Engineering Leadership team!
What are people saying about this employer?
- 100% approval of the CEO.
- It is a fast-growing organization. They care about the growth
of the individuals and give them the necessary support in the
process of carrying their duties.
- Great holiday party and summer picnic.
- Every day is different when you are working in a client driven
environment. Creative thinking and brainstorming power are a
Title: Director, Software EngineeringLocation: Morris County,
NJTotal Potential Compensation: $190K-210K
ResponsibilitiesThe Director, Software Engineering is responsible
for managing the application development, software-related
projects, maintaining/supporting current platforms, and assisting
to define the strategy/vision for the proprietary SaaS software
suite. The Director will manage a team of approximately 12
developers and 2 QA team members, and will ensure quality output,
team efficiency, and professional development.
- Perform systems, design, and application development, as well
as evaluate code reviews and make recommendations for changes.
- Monitor software quality processes to improve code
functionality and reliability and provide high quality software
that is unit tested, code reviewed, and check in regularly for
- Responsible for the continuous enhancement and stability of
production proprietary applications. This includes all aspects of
incident and problem management, standardized methods and
procedures for efficient and prompt handling of all changes, in
order to minimize the adverse impact of any change-related
incidents on service quality.
- Enforce the Software Development Lifecycle requirements, which
includes but is not limited to secure coding practices, testing,
and version control processes to assure consistency, quality and
- Ensure all proposed changes follow the Change Management policy
and procedure for production changes and adhere to the Information
Security Policy and Software Development best practices
- Provide end-to-end ownership, while working closely with
software developers and product teams, and successful delivery of
software development projects and escalations.
- Identify technical requirements by considering data, processes,
customer feedback and user research.--Translate ambiguous
requirements into deliverable features.
- Partner with Product Owners, Engineering, Team Members, and
Project Managers to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables
based on an agreed upon set of requirements
- Effectively communicate the status of projects and high
priority/impact changes or support requests both verbally and
through documentation to internal stakeholders and management
- Create and maintain a consistent, reliable, and repeatable
system for managing application support.--
- Track and identify frequently occurring, high impact
application support issues as candidates for permanent
- Establish and report on application support requests
SLAs.--Owns the relationship with the business and other functional
units for application production support issues.
- Stay current with new and emerging security threats and
mitigation approaches for your respective area and perform periodic
security reviews of assigned areas.
- Collaborate with the IT Security and Operations to develop and
maintain relevant security program for development environment
- Work to ensure HIPAA compliance in all aspects of data
utilization and information access to protect PHI and enforce such
within the Software Development team.--
- 5+ years--- of experience in a management role leading a team
of full-stack developers.
- 5+ years--- experience building consumer facing web
- Strong knowledge and implementation experience in the Microsoft
Technology Stack (C#, ASP.NET, SQL).--
- Strong experience interfacing directly with Business Owners for
requirements gathering and problem solving.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong experience in front-end development skills and building
Responsive Front-end apps.
- Strong experience with Microservices and Service oriented
- Strong Database Design/Development skills from an application
- Experience in driving technical standards and architectural
vision and innovating with technology.
- Strong knowledge of web security and best practices of secure
Keywords: Smith Arnold Partners, New York , Director Of Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Parsippany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!