CTO (Chief Technology Officer)
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
New York, New York, United States Full time PhotoShelter is
seeking a CTO to help scale revenue growth through the design and
development of our technology organization. This is an opportunity
to lead the next phase of growth for PhotoShelter, a content
technology innovator. The role will require a creative and
passionate, business-oriented leader who will be responsible for
the vision and implementation of the overall technology strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of scaling a
SaaS engineering organization, serving as both a visionary people
leader and technical expert. Partnering with PhotoShelter's
management team, the CTO will be critical in developing our
holistic business strategy and leading the technical initiatives to
achieve those goals. This role is based in NYC at PhotoShelter HQ.
About Us: PhotoShelter is a visual media technology company that
helps photographers and creative teams unlock the power of a
moment. Our tools transform the way Brands and Photographers work,
allowing them to move creative files effortlessly and engage
audiences instantly - all while maintaining the integrity of their
content. Across our platform of SaaS products, we manage over 750
million visual assets for 80,000 professional photographers and
over 1200 large brands, including universities, pro sports teams,
corporate and consumer brands, and leading nonprofits. Today we're
delivering innovative tech and user experiences across search,
collaboration, content display, secure access and distribution,
workflow automation, and artificial intelligence/machine learning
(AI/ML). We were built by and for creative people, and we're
committed to celebrating and supporting creative work. Areas of
Impact: Strategic Acumen
- Define, architect, and execute the plans required to fulfill
the company's business and technology strategies
- Grow and scale the team by recruiting world-class talent, as
- Create and foster a team culture conducive to innovation, high
productivity, and high quality in a fast-paced, dynamic
environment. Technical Expertise
- Own the engineering process to produce quality software with
effective and efficient execution, define goals for the engineering
team and help them achieve those goals.
- Collaborate with the Head of R&D and VP of Network
Operations to build on the technical architecture, and drive
architectural investments across all aspects of PhotoShelter's
platform (enterprise, consumer, mobile, and 3rd party
- Collaborate with the VP of Product to plan and envision the
future of our products in a way that continues to differentiate us
in the marketplace.
- Empower the team to manage and execute technology projects in a
reliable and timely fashion with strong communication to
- Foster collaboration, inclusion, continued learning, technical
depth and exceptional work.
- Instill a culture of urgency while not sacrificing code
confidence and product quality.
- Provide daily inspiration, leadership, and management to
PhotoShelter's technology team across the US and Mexico, including
the development and performance management of a motivated
- Work in partnership with internal cross functional teams to
drive revenue and grow business capabilities.
- Provide input into annual budget exercises and manage
technology spending that aligns with budgets and forecasts.
- Track record as an innovator and dynamic leader of a
high-growth technology organization.
- Exceptional people leader who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic
company. You love a big challenge and know how to inspire top-notch
- Transparent, collaborative and concise communicator who is
constantly looking for opportunities to increase velocity and
- Proven track record of rapidly hiring, growing and coaching
your team while delivering on great products.
- 10+ years of experience leading software design and
development, preferably in a SaaS or web-based environment.
- 5+ years of managerial experience leading fast-growing, high
- Comfortable working with a Linux based technology stack.
- An energized culture and environment: Internet Week called us
one of the Best Places to Work in NYC Tech, with special
recognition for our employee happiness scores.
- Daily visual inspiration through exposure to amazing
photographers, videographers and storytellers who use our
- Benefits. We offer the usual good stuff. Competitive salary,
401(k) with company match, insurance coverage (health, dental and
vision, life) starting day one, 28 PTO days from year one, gym
reimbursement and commuter benefits. We're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees
with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains
free from any form of discrimination and harassment.
Keywords: PhotoShelter, New York , CTO (Chief Technology Officer), IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!