Lead Software Engineering
Company: Fidelity Investments (FMR LLC)
Location: Florham Park
Posted on: February 25, 2021
At Fidelity, we are committed to safeguarding the health and
well-being of our associates, clients, and candidates. We are
actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are
continuing to hire in order to serve our clients around the globe.
To ensure your safety as a job candidate, we will be relying on
virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our
recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need
throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your
understanding and flexibility during this time. CAUTION AGAINST
FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS: Click here to learn more.
- --- Lead - Software Engineering - Java - Chennai, TN Job Title
Lead Software Engineering - Java As a Lead Software Engineer, you
will focus on Java/Python working directly with both technical and
business stakeholders to translate a vision and designs into
sustainable business solutions. You will be responsible for the
development and enhancement of complex software applications,
ensuring they are built with quality, consistency to our standards,
performance and responsive to the device accessing the application
The Purpose of This Role Would be working in one of the Reporting
Squads in in Fidelity Stock Plan Services (SPS) . SPS provides
recordkeeping and brokerage solutions to help employers and
employees manage their equity compensation plans. Through our
continuous investment in innovation, focus on simplifying the
customer experience, and working hard every day to protect our
customers and earn their trust, we are committed to helping every
employer and employee maximize the value of their equity programs.
SPS is part of Workplace Investing (WI) The Value You Deliver
- Developing and implementing systems/applications based on
specifications in Agile way.
- Developing detailed and thorough technical system design
specifications and documentation.
- Working with business partners to understand requirements and
come up with solutions.
- Writing source code, adapting existing components, and testing
the developed components as units creating test stubs and test data
- Actively participating in system design reviews and code review
- Ensuring best practices in software development methodology are
- Delivering high quality client service both in terms of
technical excellence, high quality, and timeliness.
- Participating in requirement analysis discussions and provide
feedback to make sure there are no downstream development
challenges. The Skills that are Key to this role Technical /
- Experience in Core Java, J2EE, Spring, SpringBoot.
- Experience with Micro-Services Architecture concepts and
emerging patterns such as APIs, Web Services (REST/SOAP).
- Good Understanding and experience Spring IOC, Spring MVC,
spring security and with other spring modules.
- Web Front end skills - Angular 2+, Ext JS, JSP.
- Multithreading and Java design patterns
- Experience in cloud native development (12 factors), docker,
- Unit Testing and Hands-on experience of any test automation
tool (Junit, Cucumber etc.)
- Knowledge in Build gTechnologies (Ant/Maven/Gradel).
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins,
Artifactory, uDeploy etc.
- Experience Relational databases like Oracle, DB2, PL/SQL and
- Experience with ORM Technologies like
- Ability to Engineer/Reverse Engineer legacy/complex
- Experience in Application Logging & Splunk Monitoring. The
Skills that are Good To Have for this role
- Understanding of Event driver transaction processing using EAI,
ESB and messaging patterns using technologies such as WSO2,
ActiveMQ, JMS (anyone of them)
- Understanding of Security integration using oAuth and LDAP How
Your Work Impacts the Organization WI helps our customers save and
invest through workplace retirement savings plans, build lifetime
relationships with customers and provide employers with
cost-effective, integrated employee benefit solutions. WI serves
customers online, over the phone, and through a nationwide network
of investor centers. WI is also committed to helping drive employee
retirement readiness by delivering leading-edge financial solutions
to employers, including recordkeeping, cash management products and
services and personal advisory services (PAS). The Expertise We're
- Engineering Graduation preferably in Computers Science.
- 6+ years of hands-on Java technologies
- 1+ years of Python experience is required Shift timings: 11:00
am - 8:00pm Certifications: Company Overview At Fidelity, we are
focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and
effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a
privately held company that places a high degree of value in
creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best
talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud
of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value
our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences.
Fidelity India has been the Global Inhouse Center of Fidelity
Investments since 2003 with offices in Bangalore and Chennai. For
information about working at Fidelity, visit
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. Fidelity
encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital,
domestic partner, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic
heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability,
military service or veteran status.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments (FMR LLC), New York , Lead Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Florham Park, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!