Company: Ascend Learning
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Ascend Learning is a
national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for
learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven
professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled
trades, insurance and financial services. We are passionate about
accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment
success and employee retention with the belief that our work
changes lives. Our culture is intentionally results-driven and
selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in
trust, transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment
to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual
investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principal
realized through ongoing professional development and providing
opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is
headquartered in Leawood, Kansas with additional office locations
and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K. Job
Overview We are searching for a Scrum Master for our Simulation
Engineering teams. This is a full-time position in our New York, NY
office. The role of the Scrum Master helps team members
communicate, coordinate, and cooperate. They may also work with a
Release Train Engineer and other Scrum Masters to manage
dependencies and cooperate more effectively across teams. The Scrum
Master facilitates execution without coercion, assigning, or
dictating work and will remove impediments or assist the team in
doing so, to allow the team to achieve their sprint and/or project
objectives. They work to establish a trusting and safe team
environment where problems are addressed without blame or judgment
with a focus on problem solving, and foster a "learn by doing"
environment. They act as a servant leader, lead by example, and
always protect the team. Responsibilities
- Responsible for facilitating agile sprint ceremonies for one or
two scrum teams. (Backlog Refinement , Sprint Planning,
Retrospectives, Demo, Daily Standups)
- Provide day-to-day coordination, support, and coaching to the
team to encourage adoption of Scaled Agile Framework
- Encourage and facilitate cross-team collaboration and
- Remove impediments for the team(s) and escalate as
- Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on
scrum progress and quality, including capacity allocations and team
- Track and manage project execution and time tracking in
accordance with company's solution delivery roadmap and financial
- Lead backlog refinement activities and facilitate clarification
on requirements and stories. Ensure stories and tasks are properly
- Create reports and provide product development dashboards to
management and senior leadership.
- Drive team velocity through process improvements, test-driven
development and DevOps practices.
- Work across teams to continually introduce secure development
practices, reduce application vulnerabilities, and drive holistic
enterprise-level development practices. Skills and Abilities
- Ability to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are
adopted at the team level.
- Ability and willingness to lead team(s) to
- Desire to bring disclosure and transparency to both business
and IT and grow trust amongst partners.
- Ability to facilitate discussion at the team level and
facilitate alternatives or different approaches.
- Be a team player who protects the scrum team while also
providing un-biased transparency on progress.
- Ability to bring the creative ideas of others to market.
- Ability to function effectively during ambiguous tasks.
- Ability to own tasks outside of immediate scope of
- Technical aptitude to partner with development teams.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on quality. Education and
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Three to Five years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product
Owner or Agile Coach.
- Five plus years of total experience working on an agile
- Experience leading agile/scrum adoption at the team level.
- Agile/Scrum Master certification or relevant experience
- SAFe experience or certification preferred.
- JIRA experience preferred.
- Experience delivering software for Healthcare and Academic
markets is a plus. Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm
submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions
with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the
United States and verification of employment eligibility will be
required at the time of hire.
Keywords: Ascend Learning, New York , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!