Financial Crimes Software Sr Engineer
Company: Wells Fargo Bank
Location: New Providence
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact
information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your
current resume when submitting your application for consideration.
To participate in some selection activities you will need to
respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email
and text message.-- In order to receive text message invitations,
your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as
---Personal Cell--- or ---Cellular--- in the contact information of
your application.At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people
who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We
are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion
in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.Help us
build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent.
It all begins with you.Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the
design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the
Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and
enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days
a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other
channels.Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and
innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our
customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.The
Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology
solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human
Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business
lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and
innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services,
and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of
applications and tools are purpose built to meet the challenges of
stability, security, scalability, and speed.Compliance, Legal,
Audit & Regulatory Technology (CLAR) provides technology support
and development for Legal & Data Controls, Compliance Risk & Audit,
Financial Crimes, Front Office and Second Line Risk, Employee
Compliance, Regulator Regulations, Market Surveillance, and
Regulator Change Management.CLAR Technology has embarked on an
ambitious Risk Transformation program and we are looking for Senior
Engineers who will be part of a development team that is
responsible for developing and supporting an enterprise platform
that manages user business processes, reporting and regulatory
reporting in the Financial Crimes area of Compliance.This role will
help build an enterprise data platform that fully supports
Financial Crimes Risk Management applications, transaction
monitoring, reporting, analytics, and investigations. Our goal is
to exceed customer expectations. You will be part of an agile
technology team responsible for designing, building, deploying, and
maintaining an advanced data control framework. Basic data control
tenets are required (i.e. quality, security, transparency,
incidents, audit, risk, backup, retention, disposal, continuity,
compliance, custodial, stewardship, controller, and other).
Framework to include robust self-service data health dashboard,
automation,-- summaries and trends, triggers, audits, and
operational support. Detailed documentation including metadata,
procedural flows, decision trees, and governance rules will also be
required.We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with
experience with data management and related tools. The candidate
would work as contributor and lead other engineers. Deep data
controls experience is necessary for a successful outcome.Position
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
- Drives and participates in design, development and
implementation of large and complex application, owning your
solution through implementation.
- Drive requirements and design discussions.
- Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements
and functional designs translated accurately into working technical
designs and that test plans meet needs.
- Works with developers and business partners to understand
application defects, performance problems and data anomalies.
- Interface with Financial Crimes Risk Management to understand
their data requirements.
- Work with business to help design and implement new data
controls framework that offers a holistic, standardized,
repeatable, and scalable approach to support requirements around
data completeness and data quality.
- Design and build a solution to detect, track and disposition
data related issues with features such as operational reports and
- Offer regular training, release status, JIRA issue tracking,
and operational support.
- Perform predictive analytics to discover potential future
- Create strategies for increasing data health and perform proof
of concept testing.
- Prepare and give presentations to raise awareness on troubling
trends and opportunities.
- Ensure framework and related resources are up and available,
provide operational support.
- Develop enhancements in agile team setting with automated
testing where possible.
- Create technical documentation and process flows that describe
the framework in detail.
- Stay current on both Wells Fargo and industry technology trends
to align with vision.
- Familiar with and/or experience using primary technologies at
Wells Fargo which include but not limited to (Teradata, Oracle, SQL
Server, Hadoop +variants, Ab Initio, Python, Tableau, HTML5,
SharePoint, and Cloud tools)
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of BSA/AML experience
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL
server, or Teradata
- 4+ years of experience in application & data architecture and
- 2 + years of experience with Agile tools
- 2+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex
material to a diverse audience
- 4+ years of financial services experience
- 4+ years of Teradata experience
- 3+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming
- Financial crimes experience
- Job scheduling tools experience
- Autosys experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting
- Ability to gather and document technical requirements
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret large datasets
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key
team members and partners are in various time zones and
- Ability to facilitate design sessions
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- Wells Fargo software engineering experience
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo Bank, New York , Financial Crimes Software Sr Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , New Providence, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!