Senior Software Engineer Digital UI
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more
than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of
their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and
celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face
of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Macy's Tech
provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the
business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected
commerce across the technology hub at Macy's Join our team to help
shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail
technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech,
application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app -
you'll have opportunities to grow your career while finding
meaningful ways to make a difference. Job Overview: At Macy's,
we're moving fast-we're at top speed to become America's premiere
retailer. Macy's Technology strives to set the pace by providing
seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy's and
Bloomingdale's customers. Macy's Technology is creating innovative
technology solutions to support these experiences and define the
future of retailing. The Senior Software Engineer position reports
to the Manager, Software Engineering, and is responsible for the
development and support of applications leveraging his/her
expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas to help
build a robust, scalable and reliable platform. If you're
passionate about building highly scalable architecture and you are
motivated to make an impact in creating robust software used across
the organization, come join us. You will help shape the vision and
architecture of Macy's next generations incredible growth. You will
be a part of an experienced engineering team and work with
passionate leaders on challenging topics. Essential Functions:
- Perform coding/configuration, testing, implementation and
documentation on solutions developed including design
- Perform applications programming activities, to include code,
test, debug, document, maintain, and modify applications
- Ability to extract, analyze, and report the data.
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships,
trends, and anomalies.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and
handling failure scenarios.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate
applicability of new software tools to platform development.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers to
include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications and
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years or related experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with SQL like relational data
stores (For example: Oracle, Hive or similar), NoSQL data stores
(Cassandra, Elasticsearch or similar).
- Experience in coding applications using Java or Python.
- Experience building scalable web services, ESB and event/stream
- Deep understanding of technology including (but not limited to)
Hadoop (Flume, HDFS, Hive, HBase, YARN etc---), Spark, Kafka,
Elasticsearch, Kibana, Tomcat, stream processing, RDBMS, NoSQL
databases, and so on.
- Expert understanding of all application development processes
including software development methodology; ability to serve as a
resource to others.
- Expert in existing applications supporting the business area.
Able to serve as a key resource to ensure the system is performing
up to requirements.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate
technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and
secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
Company needs. This job description is not all-inclusive, and
Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any
time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed
to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for
positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for
positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates
for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here. TECH00
Keywords: Macy's, New York , Senior Software Engineer Digital UI, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!