Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Career Techniques Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Our client is currently seeking a Microsoft Cloud
Infrastructure/Automation Engineer to become a member of their
Infrastructure Team. The ideal candidate should have broad
knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure, networking and
security best practices (ideally within a Microsoft 365 and Azure
Context) with a tilt towards using DevOps techniques to automate
corresponding processes, procedures, and configuration
- Deploy highly available, scalable and secure multi-tenant cloud
infrastructure with a focus on the
- Microsoft 365 and Azure ecosystem of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Define & implement migration methodologies / techniques to
migrate workloads into the cloud in a consistent and repeatable
- Design and Implement automated systems and CI/CD pipelines for
managing and deploying infrastructure as code
- Architect and implement processes and procedures to standardize
and enforce configuration state consistency across a growing
portfolio of different
- 365/Azure tenants, subscriptions, and/or resource groups
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of our
evolving IT Security and BCP/DR programs
- Automate routine systems tasks and processes using PowerShell,
LogicApps or similar
- Build and maintain "playbooks" and other supporting
documentation on all of the aboveRequirements:A Must
- Proficiency in Windows Systems Administration; some Linux
experience a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 E5 administration preferred (ex:
AzureAD Premium, InTune, Defender ATP, MCAS, Security Center,
Exchange, Teams, Sharepoint, etc)
- Familiarity with multi-tenant/multi-company systems management
a huge plus!
- Scripting proficiency with PowerShell or similar
- Strong understanding of modern IAM/SSO solutions (AzureAD,
SAML, OAuth, etc)
- Azure DevOps, Git, CI/CD Pipelines, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation tools such as
Terraform, ARM Templates, YAML, JSON, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet,
etc.Broad familiarity with the Azure Service Catalog:
- AzureAD/IAM, tenants vs. subscriptions vs. Resource Groups,
Virtual Machines (VMs), Virtual Networks (VNets), Network Security
Groups (NSGs), Azure Storage Accounts and PaaS Services (blob,
Azure Files, Azure NetApp Services, etc), VDI, Azure Load
balancers, Scale Sets, App Registrations, Azure App Proxies, SQL
Databases (IaaS & PaaS), Key Vaults, Container Registries,
LogicApps, Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Sentinel (SEIM), etc.
- Experience Architecting and Implementing BCP/DR and High
Availability Solutions in Azure: Azure Backup, Infra
Redundancy/Replication (local and geo-redundancy options), Azure
Site Recovery, Recovery Services Vault, etc.
- Container Concepts: Docker, Kubernetes and AKS
- Experience with database infrastructure administration using
SQL Server, Snowflake or similar
- Solid understanding of network administration concepts
(switching, routing, CIDR subnetting, VLANs, VPN, firewalls, WAN
connectivity, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Familiarity with encryption concepts and types (transit vs.
rest, TLS, BitLocker, IPSec, E2EE, etc,)
- Familiarity with MS Azure Information Protection (AIP), DLP,
and/or IRM a plus.
Keywords: Career Techniques Inc., New York , Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!