Technical SEO Specialist
Company: Happy Cog
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
New York , United States - Marketing - Full-time - Allows remote
This position is remote-friendly! You have the flexibility to work
from anywhere in the United States or out of our headquarters in
Manhattan, NYC (NYC-area candidates will also be remote for the
foreseeable future, due to COVID-19). We're Happy Cog, a growing
interactive agency located in the NoMad District of Manhattan.
Looking to work with awesome clients? Well, we've got an impressive
list including Google, Airbnb, Etsy, The Associated Press, New York
City, and Columbia University to name but a few. We've got an
incredible road ahead, and are looking for a full-time Technical
SEO Specialist to join us in our journey! We need someone who is
passionate about SEO and Digital Marketing to help deliver amazing
SEO results for our growing roster of clients. The ideal candidate
will not only be proficient in the latest and greatest techniques
and tools, but will also have the ability to think strategically
about projects and play a role in putting together integrated
campaigns blending organic search, PPC, display, and remarketing.
You'll be working on multiple client accounts across a variety of
industries and verticals, but you'll always have the same goal: to
get the client the best possible results. The right candidate will
be a blend of strategist and technologist, able to multitask across
diverse environments, communicate with clients and internal team
members, and be passionate about learning new technologies and
processes. We're looking for someone who can think strategically,
but who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get some serious
work done. They should have at least 2-3 years of direct search
engine optimization experience at an agency. Responsibilities will
- Assisting with strategic development for SEO campaigns,
starting from the kick-off and extending through post-launch and
- Defining and building keyword lists based on clients'
objectives and market opportunity, using a mix of proprietary
tools, analytics data, and PPC data
- Preparing and executing on-page optimization strategies to
achieve organic visibility for our clients
- Reviewing website server logs, crawl reports, and analytics
reports to come up with strategies to improve indexation
- Reviewing web analytics data to provide feedback to our
internal team on performance, and to analyze visitor behavior and
trends to come up with the next steps
- Working with our internal resources to prepare, plan, and
execute link building and content marketing strategies
- Coordinating regularly with our website development, SEM,
design, and business development teams, as well as with senior
management, to ensure that clients are getting positive
- Collaborate with the content and outreach teams to help
identify opportunities to create, distribute, and promote web
content. Required Skills:
- Strong face-to-face, telephone, and email communications
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with various web platforms/content management
systems, like WordPress, Craft CMS, Shopify, etc.
- Ability to write compelling, optimized content (page content,
- Familiarity with website analytics platforms such as Google
Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Understanding of Schema markup
- Experience working with canonical tags, redirects, robots.txt
files, and XML sitemaps
- Understanding of best practices for site architecture and URL
- Knowledge of factors that influence search engine rankings
- Ability to think strategically to identify and define keyword
opportunities for optimization
- Knowledge of SEO software such as Moz, BrightEdge, DeepCrawl,
Conductor, SEMRush, SEOBook, ScreamingFrog, and others
- Understanding of how to interpret data from platforms like
Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools to drive SEO
- A strong passion for SEO!
- Flexible hours.
- Paid vacation policy.
- Lunch paid for every day by the company for team members in the
NYC office, via your own Seamless account.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Eligible for Simple IRA.
- Perks/discounts from many stores and services via Fond.
Location: Manhattan, NYC (remote candidates welcome!)
Keywords: Happy Cog, New York , Technical SEO Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!