Technical Support Assistant
Company: Guy Carpenter and Company Llc
Location: New York
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Broking Support Assistant
Guy Carpenter is the world's premier reinsurance intermediary and
strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance
organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its
industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly
specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with
reinsurance markets around the world.
Our Broking Support Services team is looking for a Broking Support
Assistant located in our New York City office.
What can you expect?
The BrokingSupport Assistant is responsible for coordinating all
placement support activities of the account while personally
contributing to the creation, review and assessment of data,
related exhibits, and light analysis. Provides support to all
account team members either onsite and/or remotely on assigned
This role prompts and monitors key activities and tasks throughout
the reinsurance placement in order to promote complete and timely
compliance with quality and regulatory- driven processes and
procedures in accordance with published guidelines.
Liaise with others internally to facilitate efficient and effective
pre-placement, placement and post-placement activities and services
to Brokers and Clients.
What is in it for you?
- Being part of the Marsh & McLennan businesses; a premier global
brand with the financial power to match.
- Culture where continuous personal development brings
opportunity for professional growth and mobility Competitive pay,
full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision,
STD/LTD, life insurance, generous 401k match AND automatic
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and
time to give back to your community.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders,
relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions
with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Working with the most innovative and respected reinsurance
colleagues in the industry.
We will count on you to:
- Review client data submitted during the placement/renewal
process and update annual renewal exhibits as requested, offering
relevant analysis of trends and potential data issues.
- Set up / renew program, create submission, select approved
markets, send submissions, download quotes, send FOTs, download
authorizations/declinations, send signed lines, finalize in GCMP
making sure all information is accurately reflected.
- Track placement status of assigned accounts. Follow-up with
broker for updates and information as necessary.
- Communicate with client and/or markets during the placement
process as requested.
- Using Company templates and disclaimers, when applicable, draft
and secure broker sign off of the initial request for renewal
information, marketing list, placement process updates, final
binding of the reinsurance program and post- placement client
books/communications, as requested.
- Provide the broker with assistance including researching
financial statements, product lines, geographic exposures, and
current reinsurance program information using available resources
- Interface with other Departments to provide client data to be
used for modeling, research claim or premium issues and facilitate
contract wording negotiation flow as necessary.
- Review, package and transmit contract documents to Reinsurers
according to procedure, upon instructions from Contract
- Assist Contract drafters by having primary responsibility for
obtaining properly signed contract documents from reinsurers and
aggressively pursuing by phone, e-mail, letter, etc., until all
executed documents have been received. Escalate in accordance with
procedure and input contract status data on the document tracking
system as required.
- Provide status reports according to procedure and upon
- Scan/upload and name all contract documents as received from
reinsurers, Clients and/or Analysts/Associates and transmit
- Utilize Contracts Dashboard and/other legacy tracking tools to
manage contract performance.
- Assist with scheduling of reinsurer audits and visits with
client, attending if requested.
- Maintain broad understanding of the environment in which the
client operates and the marketplace in which the transactions that
Guy Carpenter handles take place.
- Using the Market Reference Guide, develop an understanding of
the differences between the reinsurer who bears the risk on the
contract versus the parent or group entity to ensure proper legal
reinsurer name is entered in systems and correct financials and
NAIC codes are accurately communicated to clients.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions,
ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintain strong working
relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute
where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase
own understanding and improve the services provided.
Compliance and Regulatory Review
- Ensure all records/forms for assigned accounts are properly
completed and stored in accordance with policy.
- Understand all best practice procedures and compliance
policies. When new procedures are provided, understand and adopt
new procedures as rolled out, take required training and speak up
with any question or concerns uncovered in your role at Guy
- Follow all best practice procedures and compliance
requirements, including but not limited to building a complete
placement file as the placement progresses to minimize errors &
- Provide client and broker with comprehensive meeting book for
marketing trips and convention attendance.
- Respond to client requests for information (reinsurer,
financial reports, industry issues, etc.), as directed by senior
broker, coordinating with Market Information and other departments
as necessary, and clearing with senior broker.
- Attend visiting reinsurer meetings, as necessary.
What you need to have:
- Associate's Degree and applicable or transferrable experience
- 0 to 3 years in a corporate environment strongly preferred;
related experience in data review, scrubbing and comparative
analysis a plus, as is exposure to the insurance/reinsurance.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel (including formulas, charts and
- Proven success in performing light analysis in a business
strategy context, preferably in a reinsurance, insurance or
- Ability to analyze results and draw relevant general
- Knowledge or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of basic
insurance/reinsurance concepts and terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining
good internal relationships and interactions with clients and
- Strong verbal and writing skills for internal and external
communications with clients, reinsurers, Guy Carpenter colleagues
at various levels.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload according to volume,
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay attention
to detail and multi-task.
- Good problem-solving skills to identify problems and to begin
to formulate resolutions and recognize when to escalate to
- Procedural compliance orientation a plus.
- Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized
- Will be encouraged to begin the Associate in Reinsurance (ARe)
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's Degree and applicable or transferrable experience
- CPCU, CLU or ARe designation. Will be encouraged to complete
the Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) designation in this role.
- Procedural compliance orientation and/or prior roles with light
analytics a plus.
- High sense of personal accountability, focus on accuracy and
- Personable and likely to become a trusted resource within your
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and
reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over
60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful
combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory
services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to
emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter
is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the
world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk,
strategy and people. The company's 75,000 colleagues advise clients
in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17
billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly
dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading
companies including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more
information, visit www.guycarp.com and follow Guy Carpenter on
LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE
Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Keywords: Guy Carpenter and Company Llc, New York , Technical Support Assistant, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!