Laboratory Technologist IV - Technical Specialist, Instrumentation
Company: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come
onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination based on the
vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in
protecting our patients. Read more Laboratory Technologist IV -
Technical Specialist, Instrumentation At Memorial Sloan Kettering
(MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also
the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing
forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and
improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time.
Join us and make a difference every day. MSK requires all new
hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of
COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high
level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our
patients. We are: Taking bold steps to redefine what's possible in
Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories
provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow
our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a
strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are
committed to the growth and advancement of the Department, and
fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians,
and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods.
MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational
opportunities to develop further the skills and ambitions of our
medical technologists and technicians, laboratory managers, and
laboratory directors. Our experts also play a vital role in
clinical research through contributions we make to the development
of new laboratory tests and diagnostic platforms. We are currently
seeking an experienced--Laboratory Technologist
IV--Technical--Specialist--- Instrumentation--to join our--Main
Hospital Rapid Results Laboratory. You Will:
- Participates in equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assists laboratory management to set-up new instrumentation, as
well as to establish and optimize operational protocols.
- Validates new equipment, independently. Writes evaluation plan.
Compiles data and completes documentation.
- Applies statistical methods.
- Evaluates data results, summarizes data, and prepares final
- Presents documentation to next level.
- Interprets and applies current regulations. Assures compliance
with new/applicable equipment regulations.
- Manages equipment aspect of inspections.
- Acquires and maintains a thorough knowledge of instrument.
- Attends advanced equipment training.
- Educates/trains staff on new process/method/equipment.
- Evaluates and documents competency of lab staff in
collaboration with lab management.
- Acts as resource to resolve equipment problems.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems by referring to vendor manual.
Identifies and resolves problems. Escalates to next level when
appropriate. Works with vendor technical support. Maintains
- Assures preventative maintenance and service is scheduled in a
- Manages equipment databases. Assures Medical Equipment Database
is upto-date and complete.
- Oversees linearity and calibration verification.
- Assists in selection of new equipment.
- Proposes new equipment; prepares report supporting
- Facilitates communication with staff about equipment (alerts
staff if equipment down, repair required, etc). You Are:
- Excellent with interpersonal skills
- Able to manage multiple activities and projects and meet strict
timelines and deadlines.
- Proficient in using Cerner LIS and its associated
- Skilled in the MS Office Suite of applications You Have:
- Bachelor's degree (Medical Technology, Biology, or Clinical
Laboratory Sciences) required
- Extensive bench level experience in Hematology, Coagulation,
Urinalysis, Chemistry, and other lab areas.--
- 6+ years of experience or 4+ years of experience with a
Master's Degree required Participate in an Initial Phone Interview
Step 3 Participate in In-Person or Video interviews Step 4 Step 5
Extension of Job Offer Step 6 Onboarding Step 7 New Employee
Orientation New York, NY At MSK, we are committed to providing
exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of
our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to
support a larger community, including our employees. Allied Health
- Laboratory Medicine New York, NY Laboratory Technologist II,
Clinical Chemistry Allied Health - Laboratory Medicine New York, NY
Laboratory Technologist II, Cellular Therapy - Day Shift Allied
Health - Laboratory Medicine New York, NY If a disability prevents
you from applying for a job through this website, click here . No
other requests will be acknowledged. MSK is an equal opportunity
and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and
inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All
qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
religion, creed, disability, veteran status, or any other factor
that cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation
to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you
require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform
your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a
change to the application process or work procedures, providing
documents in an alternate format, using a sign language
interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Your Chance to Make a
Difference Is Waiting
Keywords: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York , Laboratory Technologist IV - Technical Specialist, Instrumentation, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!